Check Out This 100% Scratch-built Wah Pedal (Built By Me)

Started by Paul Marossy, February 26, 2018, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

This weekend, just for kicks, I made a 100% scratch-built wah pedal based on the Colorsound enclosure and linkage system. It didn't turn out quite as nice as I had wanted it to, but overall I think it's not too bad.

Kipper4

Great job Paul.
Love the paisley design.
I'd imagine it was a bit of a mare in engineering tweeks in places.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Kipper4 on February 26, 2018, 12:56:06 PM
Great job Paul.
Love the paisley design.
I'd imagine it was a bit of a mare in engineering tweeks in places.

Thanks. Yes, it was a big P.I.T.A., was more difficult than I thought it would be, and took longer. All in line with anything you plan.  :icon_lol: Well, except for it didn't really cost me anything, only about $12 for some al-u-minium bits.

Mark Hammer

Oh Paul, you are my hero.  :icon_biggrin:  Fricking brilliant.

Of course, now all you need is a paisley Telecaster to go with it.

You've inspired me to get my 100% built-from-scratch spring reverb project going soon.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on February 26, 2018, 01:03:49 PM

You've inspired me to get my 100% built-from-scratch spring reverb project going soon.

Ha ha, cool. Get on it!

iainpunk

Quote from: Mark Hammer on February 26, 2018, 01:03:49 PM

I second that idea. I have some springs from a magnetron laying around (idk what they were for, but they look like 'verb springs). Also a stockpile of tubes, some 1w speakers and other assorted bits and pieces. Planning to build it in to the clean channel of my DIY amp.
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Mark Hammer

I'm using springs from Home Depot (or maybe it was Canadian Tire, I forget).

Paul Marossy

I would be interested to see a 100% scratch built spring reverb project. Sounds like it would be more difficult to execute than it sounds.

ElectricDruid

Surely a 100% scratch-built spring reverb starts with winding a big coil of wire around a broom handle to make a spring?

;)

Love the wah - very nice.

Tom

Aph

Quote from: Paul Marossy on February 26, 2018, 11:29:41 AM
This weekend, just for kicks, I made a 100% scratch-built wah pedal based on the Colorsound enclosure and linkage system. It didn't turn out quite as nice as I had wanted it to, but overall I think it's not too bad.

Very cool !!!
I built a wah pedal out of wood back in the early 70's. It looks terrible, but I still use it once in a while.

pinkjimiphoton

haha i used the springs from inside one of them toy echo microphones they sell in toystores in the lunchbox amp i built for dick wagner. they literally were completely analog, just stretched across the interior and laid across the back of the speaker. it actually worked. a little. poorly. but it was a lotta fun ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr