Where do the ground wires go?

Started by Cmwm, March 07, 2018, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Alright, well if you promise there's no solder bridges let's move on to voltages. Measure the voltage on all three legs of both transistors, and that should give us a good idea what's happening. Also measure your battery voltage so we have a reference of what voltage to expect where.

Aside from voltages I would also like to recommend an audio probe. Mine has helped me trace the problem on dozens of builds.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

antonis

The region around 2 orange & purple wires is VERY suspicious..!! :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Cmwm

Should I measure each individual leg or the entire transistor?

Not sure how to go about the individual leg way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antonis

Black lead on GND and Red lead on any individual leg..
(or vice versa, ignoring the minus sign, but maintain the same leads orientation for all measurements..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Cmwm

Quote from: antonis on March 16, 2018, 07:23:00 AM
The region around 2 orange & purple wires is VERY suspicious..!! :icon_wink:

Hahaha yeah, it looked it to me. Nothing is touching. I'll do some cleaning up and see if that works

Cmwm

Power is being drawn up until the first transistor at which reads 0.

Fried transistor?

vigilante397

Quote from: Cmwm on March 16, 2018, 10:12:18 AM
Power is being drawn up until the first transistor at which reads 0.

All three legs?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Cmwm

Yes, everything after that is reading at 0.

Battery is checking at 9.7, that's present up until I check the first transistor.

vigilante397

Mmkay, well that's a pretty good indication of a problem. Are you getting 9V on the top leg of the 51k and 20k resistors that go between the battery and the collectors of the two resistors? That would be the first place I would check. If your transistors aren't getting any juice they aren't going to work very well :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com