Pie Tin "Prototyping" At 4:00AM

Started by Paul Marossy, March 08, 2018, 09:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

My day starts at 4AM, yeah I'm crazy... but my long work day is from 6:30AM to 4:00PM, so I do these sorts of things when I am not brain dead rigtht after waking up like I am after work.

Anyway, this is the first time I've used a pie tin to build something, get it working, etc. before I decide what exactly to put it in. I've also used cardboard mockups of 1590BBs and 125s while waiting for enclosures, and even just a flat piece of cardboard. The nice thing about the pie tin is it's metal, so grounding is easier.

EBK

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: EBK on March 08, 2018, 09:58:59 AM
Big Muff Pie?

Ha ha, actually it's a Colorsound Overdriver in a Fuzz Faze disguise   :o

Mark Hammer

Synth wiz Osamu Hoshuyama came to my city as visiting scholar at a local university in 2002-2003.  With his wife and daughter back home in Tokyo, he had wads of time on his hands, so he built himself a "lunchbox" modular synth, in plastic containers from the dollar store.

If anyone can build something into a brown paper bag, I'll be impressed.  Although a fuzz in a tunafish can wouldn't be bad.  I think there's enough clearance in there for a stompswitch.

Paul Marossy

Wow, that's quite a project your synth wizard friend did there  :o

I can do a paper bag, but it would have to be reinforced with something...  ;)

Rob Strand

Very cool, not bad shielding either.

A friend of mine used plastic soap cases.  The old school cases were quite square, sealed, and had a catch.  They were very cheap at the local Supermarket.    His first soap-case project was an electric shocker "Multi-Vibrator" to shock friends.  This is the idea but not as good:
https://i2.wp.com/propacusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/p-32569-H7501_10.jpg?fit=328%2C328&ssl=1
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Rob Strand on March 08, 2018, 08:51:37 PM
Very cool, not bad shielding either.

A friend of mine used plastic soap cases.  The old school cases were quite square, sealed, and had a catch.  They were very cheap at the local Supermarket.    His first soap-case project was an electric shocker "Multi-Vibrator" to shock friends.  This is the idea but not as good:
https://i2.wp.com/propacusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/p-32569-H7501_10.jpg?fit=328%2C328&ssl=1

Yeah just about anything works. My next video will be about retiring the pie tin and putting it into my repurposed DIY wah enclosure that follows the Colorsound form factor.

Rob Strand

QuoteYeah just about anything works. My next video will be about retiring the pie tin and putting it into my repurposed DIY wah enclosure that follows the Colorsound form factor.
Might as well put it to good use.  You did a great job on those.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

PRR

• SUPPORTER

bluebunny

I completely mis-read the thread title (even having read the initial installment yesterday).

Tie pin prototyping?  This I gotta see...

::)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Rob Strand on March 09, 2018, 04:59:59 PM
QuoteYeah just about anything works. My next video will be about retiring the pie tin and putting it into my repurposed DIY wah enclosure that follows the Colorsound form factor.
Might as well put it to good use.  You did a great job on those.

Thanks. Here is what I did with it: