Reworking the Orange Peel

Started by statzern, March 09, 2018, 02:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statzern

Hi all,

I have been working on Orange style preamps for a while now, and after some good success with the Citrus Graphic Mk II layout seen elsewhere (TBE...) and a few other projects lately I decided that veroboard layouts are great for their rapidity of build time, ease of modification etc. That being said, I adapted the OLC Orange Peel for veroboard, and this is the first draft. I should note this is absolutely UNVERIFIED and I do need to scan for errors!!

In addition to the layout, I have cleaned up the schematic (which I found somewhere buried in a .zip file on the net)... and correlated the part numbers with the values found on the OLC printout, so it's all part-for-part coherent.

I hope there is some interest, and any additional pairs of eyes to spot errors would be very helpful! Also, due to image size I think you will need to click download original on the postimg link... !!

<Removed Image>

PRR

Q5 Drain almost certainly goes to V+, not Vbias.

• SUPPORTER

statzern

Yes, that is correct! Oops! Fixing...

statzern

I think this is pretty much done at this point. Have been over it twice, need to check all cuts to be sure, but will probably start building this week if everything checks out.

Derringer

If I were doing it, I'd swap the rotary switch for a variable high pass filter ... one cap and one pot and just fiddle with the values of both till I found the range I like. Otherwise, if going with the rotary switch and 6 different caps, I'd attach the caps to the switch as opposed to the vero ... assuming there's enough room in the box to accommodate the bottom of the rotary with caps attached to it. Easier to do that method in an amp I suppose.

statzern

Ignore the above layouts, they are wrong. Here is my latest attempt, I think this is correct at this point.