Blender pedal with Balanced I/O?

Started by Gereze, March 14, 2018, 01:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gereze

So, a friend and I were on a bar talking about pedals (of course) and how expensive (in our country) vocalist pedals are. He both plays guitar and sings, and has many shelved pedal that he doesn't use anymore. I ask him why he doesn't use them for his vocals, and it is because they have no blend control. So I tell him I can build a blend for him and later I leave with the promise I would look up on it.

So, Balanced I/O. I didn't think of that when I opened my big mouth. Did some research, got how everything works and tought of a: Balanced Input => Unbalancer circuit => Blend FX/loop => Balancer circuit => Balanced output.

It sounds like something someone would've already done, but I couldn't find a circuit for it. I could give a try into making one but it got me thinking if this is even a good idea.

I would like to read anyone that could share toughts, experience or info on this.

vigilante397

First of all, welcome to the forum ;D

I may be the wrong person to answer this as I've never cared much about balanced vs. unbalanced and impedance matching signals in a live situation. So from that perspective I would say ignore the balancing and just have at it.

From another perspective, if you want to get fancy, you could use a pair of DI box transformers, which I know GGG (General Guitar Gadgets) sells fairly cheap. Use one on either side of the pedal and you're set (theoretically speaking, I've never done anything like this, I'm all for plugging microphones directly into stompboxes).

Maybe someone with a bit more experience on the subject will show up and give their thoughts?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com