AION Azimuth Lovepedal/Zendrive Issues

Started by Big mike 1100, March 26, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big mike 1100

This Next pedal build is giving me issues right from the beginning, so I hope it's one of those easy fixes.  The pedal is the Aion Azimuth Lovepedal/Zendrive-

https://aionelectronics.com/project/azimuth-hermida-zendrive-overdrive/

Firstly, the LED didn't light up.  Secondly, the legs/components that should go to ground don't seem to connect to ground (including the input jack).

This is the first time I'm trying to use the PBC bypass board on the 3pdt switch, so I might be missing some wires as well.  I'm not even sure where to start.

The voltages on the IC all read about 9v which I know can't be right.

I did a quick connectivity test- There is connectivity from the Input wire to the RPD (I'm using 1M resistor)to C1, but then it stops. 
R1 reads 9V, but since it's VB I thought it should only read about half (4.5 volts or so)

• SUPPORTER

Kipper4

If everything is jammed at the + rail, There's a good chance you have no Gnd.
Broken wire?
Bad solder?
Missed connection?
DC jack?

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Big mike 1100

Thanks Kipper4!   It was a dumb mistake.  Ground issue.  I initially put the PCB bypass switch on backwards.  When I removed it I kept the jacks in the same position, which made the Input jack the output jack and vice versa.  Long story short, the ground wire incorrectly went to the output jack only and there was no star ground from both PCB boards to the input jack. 

Problems solved.  Thanks!!
  • SUPPORTER

Big mike 1100

So I finally got to play with this pedal.  I really like the way it sounds!  The only issue is that the Tone knob seems to have zero effect on the pedal,  no matter what the other knobs are set to.  I know people said the differences could be subtle, but it's zero to my ears.  If it's just a bad pot or a bad solder joint, would the pedal still work as it does?  I can replace the pot I guess, but wanted to get an opinion before I started to unnecessarily remove and replace things.

Thanks!
  • SUPPORTER

alfafalfa

I built the : "Stratotrasto" version and  my toneknob works just fine.

So I think there might be a mistake in your version.

Alf

Big mike 1100

Duh! I switched the 10k Voice pot with the 50K tone pot.  Haven't resoldered yet, but I assume that's the problem.

I'm really glad stupidity isn't painful!
  • SUPPORTER

Slowpoke101

Yes, I think that you have found the issue. The 10K pot would not have enough adjustment range to effect the tone very much. Extremely subtle indeed. The 50K pot will make a difference but more importantly, the voice control will work as designed when it has the 10K pot installed instead of the 50K.
  • SUPPORTER