SansAmp GT2 whistling problem

Started by BlackTooth61, March 28, 2018, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackTooth61

Third bypass circuit looks nice. It's a great improvement.

Grateful thanks for your help. I've learnt a lot.

rankot

Why do you run traces over the traces below?  :icon_question: You have pretty much space to avoid that, have in mind that it is much better to cross traces then to run them one above another, and the best is to separate them as much as possible.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Rob Strand

QuoteWhy do you run traces over the traces below?  :icon_question: You have pretty much space to avoid that, have in mind that it is much better to cross traces then to run them one above another, and the best is to separate them as much as possible.

It was my suggestion to move some tracks.  The input and output signals are as far apart as possible with plenty ground in between.  The input to output coupling is weak so the layout is blame free.   The signals that pass over each other don't interfere with each other so there's nothing bad to transfer between them.  Maybe you could pass the power line between connector pins 1 and 5 then cut across horizontally just under pins 2 and 3.

QuoteThird bypass circuit looks nice. It's a great improvement.
Grateful thanks for your help. I've learnt a lot.
No problem.  It's only my best (educated) guess.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

BlackTooth61

QuoteMaybe you could pass the power line between connector pins 1 and 5 then cut across horizontally just under pins 2 and 3.

Here we go:

Rob Strand

QuoteHere we go:

Looks OK to me. 
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

J0K3RX

Damn man, use an audio probe and try to find the source of the noise! I'm sure it will at least get you in close proximity to the problem and from there it may only be a couple parts or traces that need to be replaced/re-routed. Or, you can continue on with the snipe hunt...  :icon_wink: board looks ok to me besides the obvious improvements you've already addressed.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!