RAT pedal issues

Started by gertbort, April 06, 2018, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gertbort

hello,

I'm trying to build a proco rat pedal using these schematics i found online:

i connected all the components following the schematics, but, no sound. i checked if the power supply stage is correct, and it is, giving 9v and 4,5v. i cant really figure out waht goes wrong here...

if someone needs a closeup of a certain segment, just ask, and i will upload it

slashandburn

The first thing that Jumps out is the far left and right rails on your BB (ground and power rails) don't appear to be connected together (see the two black lines on rows 29 and 30 of your diagram). Every chance these connections are there and I just can see them though!

That aside it could be a number of things. Breadboard can be finicky. Voltages from the transistor and IC might help.

Edit:  also: Welcome!

thermionix

^This, and you may also need to jumper the upper and lower halves of your power rails, some are continuous and some are not.

Another thing, I have seen a LOT of errors on Electrosmash schematics, none are jumping out at me in this case, but it never hurts to verify against another.  The Madbean Runt is correct for sure, you can download the PDF at their site.  I also trust GGG schematics.

gertbort

i will check if all the grounds are indeed connected.

also i noticed that there is a slight diffrence in the schematic of madbean compared to electrosmash regarding the wiring of the pots

GGBB

That Electrosmash schematic is not entirely accurate. The tone pot is backwards (pin 1 should be connected to the diodes; pins 2 and 3 should be connected to R7). R7 should be 1.6k (very very early RATs were 1.5k). The order of R6 and C7 is reversed (should be op-amp -> R6 -> C7 -> filter). R1 only exists in the RAT 2 and Turbo RAT. None of these deviances really matter.

This Pro Co RAT schematic is accurate:

• SUPPORTER