What kind of diodes are these?

Started by Voltzy, February 22, 2018, 12:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltzy

I cannot find any information about them, the do not appear to be zener or germanium diodes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Isg1315122

I'm pulling my hair out here. I've built and rebuilt this circuit. At first I didn't realize it was bipolar. I was only using one battery.

Now I rebuilt it to be sure and I hook it up. One of the leds in the clean / dirty loop light up when the switch is off.

The +v in diode is heating up and I'm at a loss.

In the mods it says I don't need a bunch of stuff because I'm not using a vu meter only for guitar. So no xlr no +out just - out and pad A is for low level inputs again not needed.

Some questions: on the B sides of the open amp ic2b it has pin 7 and 14 common to the center of c10 and d4,
Pin 14 is the -supply which goes connects to pin 7 which is + supply. Am I missing something cause that seems to be mixing polarity the same goes for ic1b pin 7 and 14 are common and I don't see why.

2nd if r3 -5 and c7 aren't needed do you connect pin 13 to pin 8?

I thought that you would to normalize that output.

Is there something I'm missing? Would a pic of the bread board help anyone?

Isg1315122

I'm pulling my hair out here. I've built and rebuilt this circuit. At first I didn't realize it was bipolar. I was only using one battery.

Now I rebuilt it to be sure and I hook it up. One of the leds in the clean / dirty loop light up when the switch is off.

In the mods it says I don't need a bunch of stuff because I'm not using a vu meter only for guitar. So no xlr no +out just - out and pad A is for low level inputs again not needed.

Some questions: on the B sides of the open amp ic2b it has pin 7 and 14 common to the center of c10 and d4,
Pin 14 is the -supply which goes connects to pin 7 which is + supply. Am I missing something cause that seems to be mixing polarity the same goes for ic1b pin 7 and 14 are common and I don't see why.

Isg1315122

Isg1315122

mmcclery

Me and my son are trying to build aion electronics cirrus supee tube screamer clone and are having issues. Bypass works but when we turn the pedal on we either get nothing or a high pitched squeal. Looked for anything visually obvious no solder bridges or cold joints. We are totally new to this and any thing anyone would suggest would help. I do have an oscope and meter just looking for a little nudge in the right direction

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mmcclery

Me and my son are trying to build aion electronics cirrus supee tube screamer clone and are having issues. Bypass works but when we turn the pedal on we either get nothing or a high pitched squeal. Looked for anything visually obvious no solder bridges or cold joints. We are totally new to this and any thing anyone would suggest would help. I do have an oscope and meter just looking for a little nudge in the right direction

mmcclery

Me and my son are trying to build aion electronics cirrus supee tube screamer clone and are having issues. Bypass works but when we turn the pedal on we either get nothing or a high pitched squeal. Looked for anything visually obvious no solder bridges or cold joints. We are totally new to this and any thing anyone would suggest would help. I do have an oscope and meter just looking for a little nudge in the right direction.

mmcclery

Me and my son are trying to build aion electronics cirrus supee tube screamer clone and are having issues. Bypass works but when we turn the pedal on we either get nothing or a high pitched squeal. Looked for anything visually obvious no solder bridges or cold joints. We are totally new to this and any thing anyone would suggest would help. I do have an oscope and meter just looking for a little nudge in the right direction.

mmcclery

mmcclery

mmcclery

Me and my son are trying to build aion electronics cirrus supee tube screamer clone and are having issues. Bypass works but when we turn the pedal on we either get nothing or a high pitched squeal. Looked for anything visually obvious no solder bridges or cold joints. I also tried swapping out the opamps and the transisitor. We are totally new to this and any thing anyone would suggest would help. I do have an oscope and meter just looking for a little nudge in the right direction.

mmcclery

Me and my son are trying to build aion electronics cirrus supee tube screamer clone and are having issues. Bypass works but when we turn the pedal on we either get nothing or a high pitched squeal. Looked for anything visually obvious no solder bridges or cold joints. I also tried swapping out the opamps and the transisitor. We are totally new to this and any thing anyone would suggest would help. I do have an oscope and meter just looking for a little nudge in the right direction.

Hatredman

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Pedal love

People outside here, always talk about how old I am. Especially in Texas, if you are over 50 there is  trend to talk about old men rudely.

Risking that I want to ask about how people feel about building discrete circuit. Meaning specific ally circuits with the active element(s) being some kind of transistor. You can use any type Bjt, fet, mosfet, germanium, gas. I don't care which you want to discuss. I want to know specifically if you hear great differences, subtle differences, that kind of thing, in circuits made from these active devices. I'd like to know whether you can tell which transistor is used, if you know beforehand that it is a discrete, fully transistor circuit, or something like opamps or tubes. What I'm getting at is are there any specific markers or cues if you will, auditorily, that might suggest a specific type of devices usage.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Pedal love

People outside here, always talk about how old I am. Especially in Texas, if you are over 50 there is  trend to talk about old men rudely.

Risking that I want to ask about how people feel about building discrete circuit. Meaning specific ally circuits with the active element(s) being some kind of transistor. You can use any type Bjt, fet, mosfet, germanium, gas. I don't care which you want to discuss. I want to know specifically if you hear great differences, subtle differences, that kind of thing, in circuits made from these active devices. I'd like to know whether you can tell which transistor is used, if you know beforehand that it is a discrete, fully transistor circuit, or something like opamps or tubes. What I'm getting at is are there any specific markers or cues if you will, auditorily, that might suggest a specific type of devices usage.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

GuitarFreak302

Hello,

I am currently working on repairing a 1969 Univibe for someone and it has me stumped at this point. When it came to me I noticed that one of the transistors in the LFO was blown so I replaced it with a 2n3904 and made sure the pinout matched the original 2sc828 that was in there. When I turned the Univibe on and used the footswitch the bulb was oscillating like it should but then it would stop after messing around with the footswitch position. I noticed that the transistor I just put in became shorted from base to collector. So once again I replaced that same transistor and the oscillation came back. Then when the speed of the bulb oscillation was changed, the bulb would get brighter and the oscillation would speed up but then like before it would stop. I checked that transistor and it was shorted from base to collector again. That is the only transistor in the LFO that is shorting out and dying. The bulb driver still works and the other transistor in the LFO Darlington pair is also still good. I checked the resistors around it and all of them are within spec. The diodes are also still good. The bulb driver transistor does get hot but I have heard that other Univibes have that issue. I will post voltages when I get a chance to take the readings. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lowell01

Hey there, does anyone have a copy of the schematic that has Q101 and Q1 as buffer transistors? All the ones I've found have Q1 and Q2. Thanks!

I was able to fix this pedal without a schematic but would still be interested in acquiring one.  This had a low level bypass signal.  Ended up being the .22uf electrolytic coupling cap that feeds Q1 base.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lowell01

Hey there, does anyone have a copy of the schematic that has Q101 and Q1 as buffer transistors? All the ones I've found have Q1 and Q2. Thanks!

I was able to fix this pedal without a schematic but would still be interested in acquiring one.  This had a low level bypass signal.  Ended up being the .22uf electrolytic coupling cap that feeds Q1 base.

lowell01