»Need FET Bypass Scheme«

Started by difedetry, November 10, 2003, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plucky

and... How much is that in mA???

Do you mean that it doesn't consume much more than a transistor flip flop like in boss effects????????

thanks

gez

Quote from: pluckyand... How much is that in mA???

You decide!  Running from a 9V supply, deduct the threshold voltage of the LED (usually around the 2V mark - check your supplier's catalogue) and then divide this by the current you'd like to flow thru the LED to calculate the resistor needed.

If you use 'low-current' LEDs they usually spark up nicely with 2mA, though you can get away with less.  Try it, if it's not bright enough reduce the resistance...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

gez

Quote from: pluckyDo you mean that it doesn't consume much more than a transistor flip flop like in boss effects????????

You bugger, you added that bit while I was typing!!  :P

Depends on how the flip-flop is done (IC or discrete?).  They're designed to use the least amount of current they can get away with, don't worry about it...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

gez

Quote from: gezdeduct the threshold voltage of the LED (usually around the 2V mark - check your supplier's catalogue)

Look for the quoted 'VF' (usually a max figure).