News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

CLM6000

Started by Paul Marossy, October 16, 2003, 12:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Where do I get one? Can I substitute it with something else?
(The CLM6000 is an optocoupler)

Jim Jones

Hi Paul,

The first time I looked for a CLM6000 I got in touch with Paia.  By that time ('95 or so) they were already pretty much extinct and Paia was carrying the NSL-32 from Silonex in its place.  I picked up some more NSL-32's from Steve at Small Bear last year.

Hope this helps!

Jim

Mark Hammer

The Vactrol VTL5C2 seems to come closest to the CLM6000 in terms of both on/off resistance and response-time specs.  On the other hand, Anderton tended to use the same device regardless of application, and in some instances I doubt his reasoning.  For example, in the noise gate and compressor applications, and in the bi-filter foower, the CLM6000 and its equivalent are fine.  In the case of the EPFM phaser project, though, the slow recovery time of the LDR in the CLM6000 probably gets in the way of the device being able to modulate very much at higher LFO rates.  In that case, a 5C3 might be better.  It has a larger max resistance but that's easily fixed with a parallel resistor.  Response time, on the other hand, is something you can only make slower, not faster.

smallbearelec

Guys--

I bought a bunch from the "last buy" that Clairex advertised, and I will put them on the re-worked stock list that will come out in January. The reason for the delay is that they were sold to me untested. I need to time to sit down, meter them and see how they compare with the published specs. When I know how many "good" units I have, I will be able to price them appropriately. Meanwhile, I have good stock of the Vactec parts.

Speaking of other photocouplers, I have invested in long-term supply of the to-be-discontinued Hamamatsu P873-13, so SBE will support the Mutron/Neutron for some years to come.

Regards
SD