Started by Ammscray, October 17, 2003, 12:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ammscray

OK I feel a little better now...
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Greg Moss

Yeah, boston's name is mudsville tonight.  :x

Stef

feeling the pain- although it was really nice to see Clemens go down in 4.
Stefan

Jered

The Bambino and the goat, still lurking about. The Cubs and Sox would have been a great series, great parks, great history, great fans.
 Marlins and Yanks,...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  Jered

Jay Doyle

Really, what kind of person roots for the Yankees? Really.

It's like rooting for the IRS. Or the cheetah chasing down the little fawn.

JT

I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Greatest place on earth . That's why i live here  8)

petemoore

In a contrary mode to all of those 'I love New York' songs...
 Like in a Night Ranger's "Don't tell me you love me" kinda veign.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smallbearelec

Hate us all ya want...then come here when ya want a good show (or stompbox parts).

Jay Doyle

Oh, I don't hate NY, I do however hate the Yankees.

Jay Doyle

Oh, I don't hate NY, I do however hate the Yankees.

Mike Nichting

hey at least you guys have a reason to be mad~!! Try being a sports fan in Cincinnati  :oops:  Yeah, NY's not so bad now is it...... :lol:

Mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Doug H

I'm happy to see the Marlins in it. Maybe there's hope for a little revenge for what Flagler (and all the NY'ers since) have done to Florida... :)

Doug

Ammscray

Quote from: Jay DoyleOh, I don't hate NY, I do however hate the Yankees.

Yeah let me re-phrase that...I don't hate new york either, it's one of my favorite cities in the US...(sorry Steve...:))

BUT I HATE THE DAMN YANKEES! Ever since I was a little kid growing up in BOSTON! And yes it was great to see that traitor clemens go down the flush...

Can't believe the hit that lucky punk got at the end...he obviously couldn't either...oh well
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Bill_F

Quotehey at least you guys have a reason to be mad~!! Try being a sports fan in Cincinnati  :oops:  Yeah, NY's not so bad now is it...... :lol:

Or try being an American who loves baseball living in England. The closest thing we got is cricket... and don't even get me started about that game!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

JohnM

I lost interest since I am a Giants fan, but I was hoping for Cubs/Red Sox.  Anyway, you have to hand it to the Marlins the way they kicked our  butts and they way they keep coming back to win.  Now, I guess I have to root for them to beat the Yankees.  If I watch, that is...   :(

JN

Quote from: smallbearelecHate us all ya want...then come here when ya want a good show (or stompbox parts).

I live in New York, love the state and city, but unfortunately grew up in the Boston Area.  

Nothn's worse than (again) witnessing the sox go down against NY while being surrounded by yankee fans.   I wonder how many thousands of red sox fans were screaming at the TV to take Pedro out after those first two hits.  Pain is one thing, but inevitable, forseeable pain is something else all together.  It's like watching your guitar fall down from across the room.  It's enough to make you want to be a METs fan.

But there's always next year! :D  (that's a sarcastic smile)

-Jake

MarkB

Gentlemen,
be glad that it wasn't a Sox/Cubs world series - because one of the following would have happened.

1. the world would end (or hell freezes over)
2. the field would open up and swallow the teams
3. after 22 innings in game 7, the Boston cardinal would come out and cite some obscure religious law and stop the game - as a tie.

I grew up in Boston - a Sox fan... and I hate the Yankees.
At least my Marlins are in.. maybe they can take down the EVIL EMPIRE.
"-)

fretbuzz2003

As a long time Sox fan, the only thing I hate more right now than the Yankees is Grady Gump...

I don't know if any of you NE fans have noticed with all the playoff excitement, but the Patriots have strung together a couple of big wins even with all those starters injured. I'm predicting another trip to the  Bowl!

Jered

hehehehe...................I can't resist.........................

DOUG H:  Don't you live in Florida?

JAKE: A sox fan in the middle of NY? Yikes! Were you armed?

MARK B: I think your right.

FRETBUZZ2003: I think your wrong.

JOHN M: A SF Giants fan eh? A Dodgers fan myself. How did you get in here?.............Security!.....SECURITY !!!

JERED

petemoore

In springfield where we're playing and said: "GO BROWNS !!!!"
 I said: WHat ... Why Where are they Goin'???
 These Cleveland FanS Just LOVE to be abused....
 All the 'uppies' do is sell any decent player to the highest bidder, and rip OFF the fans by taxing this and that, going broke, asking for more money, build a new facility, keep the goofy looking Indian Logo [which the native Indians have Cursed repeatedly], tax luxuries, Rip ppl off again and again...lol... they must have heavy winds in their heads...!!!
  Then there's the Clowns ... oh I mean Borwns
Convention creates following, following creates convention.