Great lead on Nicholas Boscorelli !

Started by Peter Snowberg, October 17, 2003, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

I e-mailed Anderton and got no response. :(

I posted at his forum and got nothing for a couple of days other than two folks who were kind enough to bump the thread. :)

I bumped it a third time and Got this response. :D :D :D

QuoteS'allowe'en

MP Hall of Fame Member
Member # 761

posted 10-17-2003 04:44 PM                          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you see this?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> A few people were asking where to get this book. I did a search of the
> Gernsback website (Electronics Now/Popular Electronics) and found it had
> been reviewed in Electronics Now "New Literature" section in the
> December 1998 issue. I went to the library and found the article. It
> gave the following info:
>
> Guitar Project Books
> 200 Union Blvd.,#425
> Denver, CO 80228
> $22.95 plus $3.00 shipping
>
> So I assume the book is only available from this address. The article
> didn't mention who to make the check or money order payable to. "Guitar
> Project Books" I guess?
>
> Maybe someone who bought the book could confirm this address as well as
> who they made the payment to?

It looks right. I got it from that smae magazine, most likely, I just
couldn't remember which mag it was.

The name of the guy is Nicholas Boscorelli. That's who I made my check
out to. I highly recommend it for those who have passed the basic stage
of stompbox building, or those hungry for more.

It may still be available from the author directly! :D :D

update: I still can't find him on-line by name, but the address seems to be an office building.

Another update: ARG... I think he might have moved. I just found this at Google:

QuoteSlash your heating bill in half or more!!!!!!!!!GUARANTEED....Introducing THE EQUALIZER EQ2!!!Thanks to modern space age technology this marvel is about the size of a BOOK.. it redirects heat to rooms that need it most so you can be more comfortable without inflatiing your electric bill. FREE DETAILS
toll free 1-888-682-4199 24 hrs
200 Union Blvd. Suite 425
Denver CO 80228
USA

I was however able to find his (maybe ex) neighbor: :)
QuoteMAVERICK DRILLING SUPPLIES INC.
#430 - 200 Union Blvd
Denver, Colorado
United States, 80228
Fax: 604-278-4914
Toll Free: 800-278-4914

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Tim Escobedo

Let's hear it for the gumshoe!

Great leads! Gonna have to make some calls.

amz-fx

Quote> Guitar Project Books
> 200 Union Blvd.,#425
> Denver, CO 80228
I wrote twice to this address and the letter was returned each time.

I searched the Social Security Death Index and there was no sign of his passing.

He had a brother (or maybe son) named Peter, if my memory serves correctly, as this is who replied to one of my orders for his newsletter before the business closed.

I would pay to reprint the book if the rights could be secured.

regards, Jack

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Yeah, I'm afraid he's flown the coop.. the addy is just a "serviced maildrop" operation. Time for someone to put the gumshoes back on!
At the risk of spreding what may be another legal urban myth, I was once told that if you make "reasonable" attempts to fing an author & can't, you can reprint their book, but you owne him "reasonable" royalties if he or his heirs etc turn up. But I'm not paying a US lawyer to find out!

Peter Snowberg

As we can all see, Jack is the real gumshoe here. :D

I tried a BUNCH more searches for Boscorelli in different states and with a bunch of search sites. If he is still alive and living in the western US, his number and address must be unlisted and not on the net (at least by name). I tried Nicholas, Nick, N*, Peter, Pete, and no first name with equally blank results.

Alas, Gernsback Publications is no more (Thanks for everything Hugo wherever you are!).

Oh well.....

"Got any gum?"

-Peter

R.G.

OK, lessee.

Has anyone searched property and records?
Geneological society dbs?
Driver's license records?
Telephone directories?
UCC loan directories?
Voter's registration records?
Utility bill records?
Patent and copyright DB's?
Run an online skip trace?
Post office "change of address" records?

Every commercial and governmental action everyone does is written down and committed to one or more databases.  If money changes hands or you interact with any entity in any way other than cash, it goes into a machine. Machines NEVER forget. There's a whole industry committed to making that be true.

To get an appreciation of the scope of how people can be found, you need to read something like "How to be Invisible".

If Nicholas Boscorelli ever existed as such, the records are there. If it's a nom de plume, the records are still there, it's just one level of indirection - and I then have a higher respect for Mr. Boscorelli.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Peter Snowberg

Excellent! Thanks for all those avenues R.G.! :D

For some reason, I've convinced that he can be found. (maybe because of no death certificate)

That would be wild if the name is a nom de plume. If so, he would have had to file a DBA in Denver County, since checks were made out to that name and address.

I found the city site easily enough http://www.denvergov.org/, but all the search tools I found want an address or parcel number. I'll try to give these folks http://www.denvergov.org/assessor/ a call on Monday.

Can anybody point out how to do the other searches? I will gladly make a couple calls. Thanks.

-Peter

Steve C

I can vouch for the address being bogus as well.   I sent for the book three years ago and had my envelope returned to me as well.  I did happen to find it on ebay though shortly after that.  Still haven't made anything from it though.  :(

gez

Are you able to view census returns shortly after they're taken in the States, or is it like over here where there's a 'block' on them for 100 years?
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter