Allen-Bradley style HUGE pushbutton switches

Started by ExpAnonColin, October 19, 2003, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

Seems as though all of the allen bradley units include a transformer or something in them... what if I wanted one of those really big nice red switches as a stompswitch, so it would be a DPDT or so, but not with all the electronics gunk?  Just the mechanical stuff?

-Colin

guitarhacknoise

hey, colin
this was my first hit in the quest for an allen-bradley pot.
you know how thw de'armond pedals have that over sized a-b- pot, well , what about changing over to a linear pot? can I get that diameter sleeve or do i need to bust out the j.b. weld? :shock:
"It'll never work."

guitarhacknoise

by the way,
I still can't log on to yer site!   .....?
"It'll never work."

Brian Marshall

I can get you some huge 600 VAC rated Push buttons at work... they only cost about $200...... and they come with a lighbulb in them..... (not some cheap LED)

Of course they are more for industrial use..... they make good control and automation stuff, but its way overpriced for guitar pedals..... I though they didnt make consumer stuff anymore.

Brian

guitarhacknoise

hey,  I'll trade you a 25kva 3 phase polemount transformer for a half gross of switches!  :twisted:
only kidding, we just stopped sellin' em.
on to the 50's
"It'll never work."

ExpAnonColin

Wow, this thread is a trip.  Don't know abotu the AB pots but there are some of them out there.  You should be good on my site now.

Brian, you reckon the switches will still work with the 'ol stompbox, despite the price?  Because there's plenty on eBay for sub-$200 :)

_Colin

Rich G.

search for 'pushbutton' at www.grainger.com
I'm sure they'll have something you can use.

Paul Marossy

My 70's CryBaby has an Allen-Bradley pot in it...

guitarhacknoise

QuotePaul Marossy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject:
My 70's CryBaby has an Allen-Bradley pot in it...
I just looked in one of mine (the "no-worky" pile)
and it also has an allen-b pot in it.
never noticed this
"It'll never work."

Paul Marossy

I only noticed that because I recognized that AB logo on the back of the pot.  8)

guitarhacknoise

and if you open the wah shell up and look at the edge of the pot case facing the rear, stamped in like 8 or 10 pt. type, it says "dunlop mfr".
ahh.... back in the days when milwaukee was an industrial powerhouse.
i'm so glad I got out! (not really, but it's easier this way).
-matthias
"It'll never work."