SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

TDA2003 amp

Started by Marcos - Munky, October 21, 2003, 09:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferguslester

Quote from: Guido Landry on October 23, 2003, 03:01:58 AM
Hi  :D

I had a little bench test Amp that used the TDA 2003 and when my son became interested in playing the guitar I used it to build a little practice amp. The TDA 2003 is not bad, but it has its quirks. Layout is critical to avoid oscillation, a good heatsink is required and it is best to use a 12 to 14 volt supply.
The only problem with it is that when overdriven, it clips harshly. So to avoid that I placed two germanuim diodes (OC81) in the input stage of the power amp for soft clipping and adjusted the gain such the TDA 2003 does not distort.
Any info on where the germanium diodes would go to soften clipping?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ferguslester

Quote from: ferguslester on November 08, 2017, 10:57:05 AM
Quote from: Guido Landry on October 23, 2003, 03:01:58 AM
Hi  :D

I had a little bench test Amp that used the TDA 2003 and when my son became interested in playing the guitar I used it to build a little practice amp. The TDA 2003 is not bad, but it has its quirks. Layout is critical to avoid oscillation, a good heatsink is required and it is best to use a 12 to 14 volt supply.
The only problem with it is that when overdriven, it clips harshly. So to avoid that I placed two germanuim diodes (OC81) in the input stage of the power amp for soft clipping and adjusted the gain such the TDA 2003 does not distort.
Any info on where the germanium diodes would go to soften clipping?

Sorry duplicate post!