News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Suffixes...

Started by petemoore, October 25, 2003, 03:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I'm trying to find the 'right' part for Opamps in the EZ vibe,,,the TL062.
 Anyone know a good mouser part # or suffix option I should be looking for?
 "Adjusting the LED/LDR's on the Ez vibe also confuses me, I don't really know how tor form relevant questions regarding that, so I'm asking for any input from someone more experienced in this area.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Does Mouser sell decent DPDT' 'stomps'  for use in bypass?
 Part # anyone???
 Getting ready to make an order and would like to order them if they're at all 'worthy' to the cause.

Peter Snowberg

The most generic part would be the TL062CN (using SGS Thompson numbers. Check out the datasheet for the maker you choose.)

The "C" stands for commercial temperature grade. The next best is "I" for industrial, and the best parts have "M" for military.

The "N" in this case means 8 pin plastic DIP. SGS uses "D" for an SO-8 surface mount package here. Sometimes makers use "P" for plastic.

Better noise/offset spec parts will also have an "A" or a "B" after the numbers but before the temp code.

The higest grade part would be TL062BMN. The best consumer part would be the TL062BCN. Chances are that you will never need a temp range other than "C". All DIY parts will end with "N". Select the noise/offset requirement based on your budget.

I hope that helps.

Oh, and Mouser is going to start selling stomp-switches soon. SmallBear will be getting them at the same time.

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Rob Strand

A suffix summary is in the FAQ.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

petemoore

Thanks everybody, it appears I have some reading to do on IC's...