News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Op Amps

Started by Mike Nichting, October 25, 2003, 05:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

Hey all,
does anyone know what effects these can be used in and if there is a better replacemant??
LM324,LM358,LM2904.

Thanks all,
mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

B Tremblay

LM324 = quad op-amp.  Could be used in a mixer.  Some prefer two duals instead for an easier layout.

LM358 = dual op-amp (I remember Gus liking these in his modified Muff Fuzz).  I used one in my Crash Sync.

LM2904 = no idea.  doesn't show up in the NTE cross-reference, either.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

petemoore

Are Quads. I bought some at RS thinking hey there's four in a packege, but I read they are prone to internal noise, and have not used it, instead using duals or singles for building Stomps.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM/LM2904.pdf
Could be useful, designed particulaly with low voltage, low power, and ability for inputs & outputs to go to ground in a single-supply situation. Dual.

Peter Snowberg

The LM2904 is almost the same as an LM358.

Unless you're looking for what they do when they distort, I would substitute LM2904 or LM358 with TL072 or NE5532. TL074 subs for LM324.

All those subs are pin-pin compatible. Your performance in-circuit may vary.  :wink:

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Tim Escobedo

LM2904 and LM358 are the same thing, I believe. The LM324 is a quad version of the LM358.

They could be useful for stuff. Probably not for anything clean or hi fi. I've noticed they have a tendency to crossover distortion. Look them up on National Semi site. there are a couple extensive app notes on this op amp.

Mike Nichting

OK,
Thanks all~!!   :D

Mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

mikeb

I use the '324 for part of the voltage control section of the infinitphase - why? Because it was the cheapest quad I could find that did the job! :)

MikeB