Super-Simple Reverb Circuit

Started by freebird1127, October 26, 2003, 04:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebird1127

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the easiest (YET GOOD SOUNDING) reverb circuit I can find.  It's for incorporation into a guitar pre-amp I'm building for a power head.  It should run off of a 15 VDC power supply, so If op-amps are involved, ***CMOS ONLY PLEASE***  

Also, where should I place the reverb circuit?  I would assume after any tone controls, does that sound right?  I think it'll be a baxandall...

Thanks again, Ciao!   :D
Evan Haklar
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

R.G.

The easiest good sounding reverb circuit you can find is the driver/recovery for a spring unit. Two dual opamps will do that one.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

freebird1127

Quote from: R.G.The easiest good sounding reverb circuit you can find is the driver/recovery for a spring unit.

R.G.,
Do you have a schematic for this?
Evan Haklar
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

Aharon

There's one known to work at JD's site here:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/v2/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=142&op=page&SubMenu=

I just built it an posted a short report.
One drawback of the new forum format seems to be that people don't get to read them for some reason.                :(
   Cheers.
Aharon :D
Aharon

Peter Snowberg

If I were to put that that design together with CMOS opamps, I would still use an NE5532 for the tank driver. The 5532 is able to drive heavy loads and a reverb tank sure qualifies there. There are few pieces of modern recorded music that havn't passed through at least one 5532.

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: AharonOne drawback of the new forum format seems to be that people don't get to read them for some reason.                :(

Which is why, if you are replying to something raised on a post, but it has nothing to do with the thread, you should make a brand new post (possibly referring to the original). It's driving me mad!!! but, of course, this board is in every other way FANTASTIC!! thanks Aron!

Aharon

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)
Quote from: AharonOne drawback of the new forum format seems to be that people don't get to read them for some reason.                :(

Which is why, if you are replying to something raised on a post, but it has nothing to do with the thread, you should make a brand new post (possibly referring to the original). It's driving me mad!!! but, of course, this board is in every other way FANTASTIC!! thanks Aron!

Hi PAul.I thought it had something to do with the original question cause it would just be a matter of a small adjustment to use 5532s or similar.
I wasn't complaining either.
Of course the forum is amazing,in the last week alone I got like three new builds.
Take care
Aharon :o
Aharon