No schematics past the EH ones?

Started by BillyJ, August 26, 2003, 12:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyJ

Here and at the old forum I can't get any schematics beyong the EH ones.
A whole heck of stuff at geo are dead links.
Just thought I would mention it.

gez

Why would you want to go past the EH ones ?!  :D
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

aron

Quote from: BillyJHere and at the old forum I can't get any schematics beyong the EH ones.
A whole heck of stuff at geo are dead links.

Are you talking about schematics 2 or the original schematics?

BillyJ

I could be just dumb but I can't find a button or anything.

AllyP

Seems to work with me in Mozilla....try that!!!

BillyJ

Hmmm....Really don't want to install another browser. Seemed to work fine a week ago at the old forum. I guess I will hold out for a while and hope it clears up. Just so I know it all loads into one page yes?
Very weird.

aron

Quote from: BillyJHmmm....Really don't want to install another browser. Seemed to work fine a week ago at the old forum. I guess I will hold out for a while and hope it clears up. Just so I know it all loads into one page yes?
Very weird.

What page are you looking at? Is it schematics 1 or 2?

BillyJ

QuoteWhat page are you looking at? Is it schematics 1 or 2?

Schematics 1.
I tried to answer in the subject header above but it doesn't stand out like the old forum. Still getting used to the way this board works. Any idea what's going on? Thanks Aron.

aron

Yes, it should load all in one page.

Yes, I know the many of the links are bad. This whole mess was supposed to go into schematics 2 long ago.

It's just that I want something like Schematics 1 where I can put comments and it "looks like a page" rather than a forum.

I would load it with Internet Exporer and save it as an archive since it will probably not change anyway.

The Tone God

About a year ago I played with a user submitted link script. It allowed users to submit links. The admin was then notified and could log in and check out the submitted links. You could then approve the link or reject it with notification to the submitter. It was HIGHY customizable including behavour, look, and layout. It was very cool.

You could replace the links and schematics 1 & 2 with it. The only thing it didn't do was check for dead links. I never finished the patch for that.

Andrew

aron

Quote from: The Tone GodAbout a year ago I played with a user submitted link script. It allowed users to submit links. The admin was then notified and could log in and check out the submitted links. You could then approve the link or reject it with notification to the submitter. It was HIGHY customizable including behavour, look, and layout. It was very cool.

You could replace the links and schematics 1 & 2 with it.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Well, in a way, Schematics 2 is like this. The problem is not "their" time as much as it is "my" time.  :(

It has been painful converting the schematics 1 over to a new format.

The Tone God

I understand. It was just a thought. I did this for a fairly popular site that had a few hundred links that were to be checked everyday to see if there were any updates. If there were it would post them on the front link page. All the other links were broken down to sub-topics.

Actually now I remember, I got the dead link function to work but not the "updated link" function. Oh well.

Andrew

BillyJ

OK it is back loads all the way to the end. Not sure what my issue was but it's over now. Not sure if anyone did anything but thanks!!!!
Aron if your listening is there a way to report dead links?