News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

anyone?

Started by doug deeper, October 26, 2003, 11:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Interesting though...Nice pics, first time I've ever heard of or seen [pic] one.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

george

262.57 and reserve not met? Is the case lined with gold or something? Where's the stomp switch, I can't see one?  If it's so fantastic why's he selling it?

I think you could come up with something very similar with circuit snippets from:
- the AMZ boost MOSFET circuit
- the tone network from any number of amp schematics out there
- and maybe switch in a small size capacitor on from the FET drain to ground to get the 6dB bass cut or whatever it is

or just build a Purple Peaker (I think there's a schemo on www.runoffgroove.com)

I'm not an EE or anything, but I think I could build something as good for about 50 bucks AND I could tweak it to do exactly what I want ... maybe even put a pickup simulator (thanks Jack) on the output.

THAT's why I like DIY

jrc4558

I have a schematic. Everyone who wants one - email asterius@hotmail.com.
Subject - Schematic.

RickL

I've got two of them and it's no big deal. I can't imagine paying more than $40 or $50 Canadian for one. If someone's desperate to build one and has questions about an actual unit, yell.

Mike Burgundy

Peter Snowberg

Yikes..... $318 for a mass produced JFET buffer with a baxandall stack with opamp buffering?  :shock:
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Doug H

At first glance it appears the only "FET" part is the input buffer?? I wonder why they biased that at 3v instead of 4.5v?

I haven't found much info about the HA1457W op amps, but the external compensation caps suggest they must be pretty old vintage. Does the active filter 2nd stg invert the signal? If not, or if you don't care about signal inversion, seems to me you could dump the input buffer and make the first stage a high Zin non-inverting gain stage. Then use a FET-input opamp like a TL072 for real "FET sound".

Doug

Alex C

Bill_F

Theres a nice PCB and parts layout for this here.

http://www.ustomp.com/index.html?section=2

Peter Snowberg

QuoteYou're bidding on a Vintage Boss FA-1 FET Amplifier, same one the Edge (U2) uses

Ahhh.... now I understand why people are willing to throw money at it.

Current bid is now $303.00., The $12 price is from 4 hours ago.  :shock:
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

trescat

With the Boss FA 1 fet amp layout at--
http://ustomp.com/index.html?menu=2§ion=2
it doesn't give any part number to Q1 in the diagram, can someone please sugest what a suitable fet transistor could be used for this circuit,and what type of IC is the 4558?? Thanks in advance

Trevor :)

RDV

Quote from: trescatWith the Boss FA 1 fet amp layout at--
http://ustomp.com/index.html?menu=2§ion=2
it doesn't give any part number to Q1 in the diagram, can someone please sugest what a suitable fet transistor could be used for this circuit,and what type of IC is the 4558?? Thanks in advance

Trevor :)
Just socket them both and first try common types for both like a J201 and a JRC4558, see how that works and go from there. I would think one of the higher fidelity dual OAs would be a better choice IMO.

RDV