Original forum archives available.

Started by aron, November 10, 2003, 07:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Most  of the archives from the original stompbox forum are up! Thanks to Peter Snowberg, we have yet another searchable resource available to us!   8)

More will be added and I will be deleting extraneous posts over time.

Thank you Peter!
----------

Thanks to Jack @ muzique.com for hosting the archives over the years. Please check out muzique.com if you haven't. It's one of the first and best sites around.

http://muzique.com/

puretube

WOW !

I really missed those old postings...

aron

There is some SERIOUSLY good information in the old archives.

Check it out!!!!

Marcos - Munky

Thanks. The old archives have lots of great info that can be used with the new topics.

Doug H

Wow, what a blast from the past!

Now I can review all the ignorant crap I used to say before I learned better... :oops:

Doug

aron

It's really incredible - is that really one of our guys really asking about a capacitor  :shock:

Doug H

Yeah, I think the most embarrassing thing for me (so far) was the source follower for the Sweet Thing... All that stuff about "overdriving it" and etc... I didn't know anything about biasing followers and Ed was right, R20 was unnecessary. For that matter, R20, R13, R14, and C8 were unnecessary. Just direct couple that sucker to the previous gain stage to bias it and it's a done deal...

Ah well, we live and learn... And with the internet we can re-live every excruciating moment... :wink:  :wink:

Doug

Doug H

Haha, I don't mean to keep bringing this up... :D

I was just reading the orig forum archives again and I think it's hilarious how a lot of the same subjects are recycled today: "surf/siren/wah pedal", "heavy metal distortion", and people are still looking for J201's! :wink:  :wink:  What was that, 4-5yrs ago? :wink:

I don't know why, it just struck me as really funny. :D

I am easily entertained today...

Doug

aron

That's why the archives are so valuable.

:)

I think it's fun to read the old stuff.

Now if I can only get the "middle" archives in minus "Martha Baker". :(

Ed Rembold

I'm thinking that re-doing the archives must have been a lot of work!!
Thanks Aron and Peter.
Ed R.

Peter Snowberg

Happy to be of service. :)

It was more work than an LPB-1, but less than a good phaser. ;)

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Jered

There are some classics in there. I just happened upon the "Eric Johnson/fuzz face/rubberbands" post. Great one JD!!!
 Jered

Doug H

Quote from: Peter SnowbergHappy to be of service. :)

It was more work than an LPB-1, but less than a good phaser. ;)

-Peter

That's a good way to phrase it for this crowd... :D

Thanks for all your hard work, Peter. It's a valuable service.

Doug