Yngwie J Malmsteen overdrive -YJM308 ? like dod-250

Started by jimbob, November 15, 2003, 04:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Most of my guitar playing buddies have very flat fingertips and don't have problems getting a string to fret correctly or get jammed up on bends"

I think I should try a guitar with a scalloped fretboard. I seem to have similar problems, as I have very rounded fingertips as well. Maybe I might sound better?!

Ansil

i never really got into yngwie much, but i liked the idea of a scalloped fretboard,  and well my good buddy who is passed now i must say.  :(  
he had his guitar scalloped and it was ACOUSTIC  !!!!!!  and it was real deep

he kept leaving it at the store where i worked at  he was the owner and i was the asst manager so i would play it, and i fell in love with it, and one day while playing it he came in with his emg equiped maple body ebony scalloped board ZION guitar, and well thats all she wrote my friends i brought in my main axe in there [very rare cort prototype mahogany body maple neck rosewood fingerboard ibanez type clone very heavy and sustainy] anyway he did mine for 35 bucks and i was freqkin out over how easy it was to play,

i got a heavy curve on my fingers and had to rely on playi8ng wrong ie unnatural turning of fingers and hands to get the flat part of my fingers on it.  since i started playing scalloped boards i have had no problems with the strings choking.

as heavy handed as i am though i have to keep heavy strings on my axe's that are scalloped but then again i like it like that.

you get such a beter sound out of a strat with 16's on it.

i first put 16's on my kramer nightswan after i scalleped the ebony board.  i could no longer dive bomb on it, but a quick routing job fixed that.

theni put 15's on my ibanez burn guitar it had a little thicker neck than my jem at the time.

ps if anyone ever see's a plexiglass jem clone chekc the input jack for me and see if it has my name in it.  mine was stolen three years ago this summer and i have yet to get it back,  also there is a blue 570  with an aftermarket monkey grip in it.  

sorry ddint' mean to hijack the thread.