Smash Drive problems

Started by zener, November 23, 2003, 05:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zener

Well, I'm just going to update my last post about my Smash Drive in a breadboard. (forget about the last post)

I used a dpdt switch using the basic bypass wiring.

Like before, there's still the loud, fading in squeal whenever I stop playing while the circuit is on.

When I play with it with all the controls (except drive) set a 0, it is quiet (the fading in squeal problem is always there). When I start to adjust the treble or the bass or both, there comes the hiss. Another thing, when I play power chords, the tone becomes lower than usual, as if the the treble pot is turned down or the bass pot is turned up. When I play solo licks using 1 2 3 strings (sometimes even 4 and 5), the tone goes higher, as if the treble pot is turned up or the bass pot is turned down :x . I observed this by shifting from playing power chords then shifting to solo licks. The tone is stable whatever I play when all the controls (except drive) is a 0.

I tried changing the 47uf cap to a 22uf cap and the tone just became a little bit high but the shifting tone is still there.

What could be the reason for all of these? I hate desoldering, I don't want it to have it in a PCB yet (although my PCB for it is already soaked in ferric).

Thanks for any help :wink:
Oh yeah!

Ansil

i have posted this three times with no answer but are you using the non inverting pin  3  as per schematic.. or the inverting pin 2..  if you use the non inverting pin .. there is a change when you put the input and outptu wires close together they can feedback since it is a non inverting amp  if you used pin 2  then i don't have an answer as yet.

zener

I use the 3 pin as the input as in the schematic.
Oh yeah!