News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

thank's...

Started by Johan, November 24, 2003, 12:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

..everybody for not being assholes....I was just over at another forum diyaudio.com and checked out some threads. it seemed they just couldnt be nice to each other. out of about ten threads I read through about eight soner or later deteriorated into pie-throwing and calling names.....after visiting this forum for a little over two years, I've never seen anything even coming close to the bullying and "I know beter than you"-attitudes over there...thank's...

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

We don't know anything!!!  :wink:

And you're right, this IS the place where people are nicest to each other that I've seen.

I try hard not to be an asshole with limited success :lol:

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, and if we know something, we want to share :).

aron

Yeah, thanks everyone!!!!  :D

I don't know where the thread is, but we talked about the nice people over the years and I know R.G. mentioned how hard it is to keep people civil, but so far it's still happening.... so congratulate yourselves!!!!  8)

petemoore

Whenever there are numerous ppls input being managed.
 If words from the top are well chosen and the underlying vibe is like cool...the trickle down effect of the overall vibe is good...like this place !!!
 I believe this is true with any establishment...but I've seen it...when mgmt changes, the vibe changes.
 Basically every little thing [especially nearer the top of the pyramid] gets analyzed.
 I believe that stupid mgmt breeds contempt.
 Likewise wise mgmt breeds admiration!
 Whatever the vibe at the top is, it WILL be found, and everyone pretty much follows suit...
 IMO the case here is that the Mgmt. is like very cool, and so we very like it ... and that's why 'life' on the forum is exceptionally good.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ge_Whiz

smoguzbenjamin

I think it's because everyone's here because they like building stompboxes, and we all do this for fun, right? I don't think you'll find anyone here who does not have any interest in electronics and thinks that stompboxes are silly. Take a friend of mine for example. He has a boss me-50 multi-effectpedal. Fun, but it's more fun playing through something you build yourself... He just can't get that.  :)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.