That big lot is back... 30,000 components

Started by ExpAnonColin, October 31, 2003, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I think so.  Personally, I could use some resistors (I'm stocking up     :wink:  ).  I wouldn't mind some of that ribbon cable, either.  Other opinions?  I don't want this whole lot!

Ansil

oh yes..  i think it would be greatly beneficial

eliktronik

I can definitely think of some stuff that I'd want from the lot....

Peter Snow

Hi Colin,

I would take some caps, restors, cable, whatever.
Not sure I could make any use of those IC's though... 8)

Peter
Remember - A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Peter Snow

Hi Colin,

I would take some caps, restors, cable, whatever.
Not sure I could make any use of those IC's though... 8)

Peter

Peter Snow

Damn these double posts!  What causes that....?

ExpAnonColin

I'll probably do it, although I think a fair amount of the stuff (maybe 1/2) will be worthless to us.

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

You can always resell the "worthless" to DIY parts. There look to be some big chips in there.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergYou can always resell the "worthless" to DIY parts. There look to be some big chips in there.

Yeah, I think I'll probably end up getting.  Please, people, don't bid on it (it got a bid, I don't know if that was someone here or not, just want to get it as cheap as possible, you know :D)

-Colin

Rick

Do you know the value of the tape and reel resistors ? Is there any way to know beforehand ? Caus' who needs 5000 1 ohm or 20 meg resistors.
You never know. Those big reels are for sure one value only.

doug deeper

20 megs ahhh????....hmmmm???
SUPER HIGH GAIN SHRIEKING TERROR!!!! FROM ONE TRANSISTOR!!!!
"YEEEEAAAAAAH!!!!!!!"
:wink:
DOUG

freebird1127

I could probably go for some stock components... we'll see what you have left over when the first round is through ;-)
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: RickDo you know the value of the tape and reel resistors ? Is there any way to know beforehand ? Caus' who needs 5000 1 ohm or 20 meg resistors.
You never know. Those big reels are for sure one value only.

I emailed him and asked him but I got no answer.

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

It got got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2569031278&category=31456

Good sniping skills here... 66$ plus monster shipping charges.  Expect a listing of the contents and prices in a few weeks...

-Colin

eliktronik

Way to go Colin. I'll definitely order some stuff to help support you. Thanks again.