Anyone seen a schematic for one of these?

Started by Neutral, December 02, 2003, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral

Judging by the size I reckon it must be fairly simple.
and for the tone, well Stevie Ray Vaughn, Violent Femmes, INXS, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Sonic Youth amongst a plethora of others seem to like it!
If anyone has any info on this pedal, please share, unless of cause it's a secret. I don't want to rip off the design, I just want one and I can't afford $300 australian for it!!!

gtrmac

Yeah, I'd sure like to know how that one works too!

Bucksears

I've heard that they sound amazing with the effect on, but I was put off by them because they weren't true bypass and they sucked tone pretty bad.

Ammscray

Quote from: Neutral

Judging by the size I reckon it must be fairly simple.
and for the tone, well Stevie Ray Vaughn, Violent Femmes, INXS, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Sonic Youth amongst a plethora of others seem to like it!
If anyone has any info on this pedal, please share, unless of cause it's a secret. I don't want to rip off the design, I just want one and I can't afford $300 australian for it!!!

BTW I don't know what you mean about the price, he'll ship one for $135 US...that's cheap bro!

Great pedal but I don't like the buffer that you can't get rid of, I wish it had normal true bypass...
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Ansil

Ammscray

Quote from: Ansilyou can mod it to be truepybass

???

Ansil

sorry truebypasss..   the keys on this are stuck..

Ammscray

Quote from: Ansilsorry truebypasss..   the keys on this are stuck..

That's not what I meant...I was waiting for you to tell me how! How do you get rid of the buffer?

Ansil

you don't have to get rid of the buffer just go around it in bypass.  just like you would wire anynormal effect for truebpyass. as far as the buffer i am asuuming it has some sort  fo switching similar to boss right. or is the switching after the buffer.. if it is a boss style.. then you got two fets that control it.  find the one closes to the output and thats the one that controls it..   but it appears to have a real switch in it.  so i would say that it switches behind the buffer.. ie

guitar jack..  buffer  switch output jack..

which you would then rewire to  gutiar jack switch output switch.
if you scan the board i will try to draw up a schematic.

Ammscray

Quote from: Ansilyou don't have to get rid of the buffer just go around it in bypass.  just like you would wire anynormal effect for truebpyass. as far as the buffer i am asuuming it has some sort  fo switching similar to boss right. or is the switching after the buffer.. if it is a boss style.. then you got two fets that control it.  find the one closes to the output and thats the one that controls it..   but it appears to have a real switch in it.  so i would say that it switches behind the buffer.. ie

guitar jack..  buffer  switch output jack..

which you would then rewire to  gutiar jack switch output switch.
if you scan the board i will try to draw up a schematic.

Nope I don't think you understand how this pedal works...everything is potted with epoxy, obviously, and the buffer is included in the circuit...the switch just switches to and from ground to turn the pedal on and off and I know he uses a relay of some kind as well...

Ansil

your right i dont' as i have never played one. but give me a couple of days with it and i can have it out of the epoxy and truebypassed and a schematic of it..

Ansil

your right i dont' as i have never played one. but give me a couple of days with it and i can have it out of the epoxy and truebypassed and a schematic of it..

heck wheres his websie i will see if i can get one  for chirstmas and try to clone it for personal reasons.

Ammscray

Quote from: Ansilyour right i dont' as i have never played one. but give me a couple of days with it and i can have it out of the epoxy and truebypassed and a schematic of it..

heck wheres his websie i will see if i can get one  for chirstmas and try to clone it for personal reasons.

No offense I thought you had seen one and had done this already...I don't think he has a website but I can probably dig up his e-mail address...it's just him and his wife making these things...

jrc4558

So cute. Say are there many family businesses dealing with guitar effects?

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

aron

AFAIK, there's no buffer - at  least not like a TS-808.

There's a single IC - a TL071 in there. It uses op amp distortion to create the clipping.

YES, it sounds great (to me). I think the price is very reasonable (approx $125).

One version (that I saw) had goo covering the components, but it was like soft rubber.

I really can't remember if it was true bypass, probably not since, I do remember convert it to true bypass easily using the ideas set forth in my elementary bypass article and of course R.G.'s excellent article on bypass.

To me, (again, personal opinion), I liked it better than the Klon that I compared it with.

Aron

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Constantin NecrasovSo cute. Say are there many family businesses dealing with guitar effects?
He's a very successful musician as well, FWIW.
I seem to (vaguely) remember the key being use of the bias input in an unorthodox way.

Neutral

Quotehe'll ship one for $135 US...that's cheap bro!

Well! Looks like my local guitar shop is making a tidy profit off these little numbers then (300AUD)! They did say they sell like Hot Cakes as well!

Luke

i would get one from Paul Crowther himself. I am in Australia, and it was about $160 Australia, from memory. well worth it.
Cheers,
Luke