Sort of OT switches question . . .

Started by sfr, December 04, 2003, 03:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

Okay, I have an older guitar I'm wiring up for a Rickenbacker style stereo setup.  I've gotten a hold of the Rickenbacker schematics off their website, but I'm a bit confused by the switch shown in their diagram.

The switch on the left is switch diagram from the Les Paul wiring schematics on the Guitarnuts page - the switch works as a three way toggle where the center switch leaves both connections alone, and pushing the swith either way causes the leaf switches to open, cutting one connection.  (Have I got the idea right?)

The switch on the right is from the Rickenbacker diagram  I'm a bit confused as to whether this switch is shown as "physical" diagram like the switch on the left, or as an electrical diagram - it doesn't seem like it'd make sense to wire the outside posts to the inside ones, just use a switch with less poles.  but maybe it's for clarity's sake.  Or maybe it's a "physical" diagram like the one on the left - but in that case, it wouldn't be breaking any connections like that other switch, because they're already connected?  I'm not really sure what's going on here, but I'm pretty underslept.

(The diagram is for Rickenbacker 360 type guitars, with one stereo and one mono out - diagram at http://www.rickenbacker.com/images/19502.gif )

anyway, any help would rock!
sent from my orbital space station.

D Wagner

Both diagrams are identical for all practical purposes.  Wire it up!   :D

Derek

sfr

great!  that's what I was thinking, I guess - but the change of placement of the poles in the drawing confused me.   thanks!
sent from my orbital space station.