boss dd2 help (schematic link inside)

Started by axr, December 04, 2003, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axr

what diode is d6?? my dd2 just  died a few minutes and the d6 was burned i noticed cause the fumes around its place in the pcb and there isnt any iddentification, thanks a lot guys.

Zero the hero

I can't see the link to the schem.
If you post the link we can help you.

Ansil

acording to the schematic it is a zender diode that goes to the voltage regulator. part no.  78l05  see where it says psa adaptor only ..  right to the right of it.  don't quote me here but i do believe that it is to keep you from frying your regulator if you plug in the wrong adaptr..  how did it die..  was the correct power adaptor inplace..  do you have a dmm  chekc the power coming from the adaptor.. it may have surged and overloaded the circuit.

axr

i was using a 11.5v regulated power supply in daysi chain with other pedals, i already take out the diode no label or nothing to identify, so what diode can i put as a replacement?? thanks guyz.

Ansil

hmm you may have to email boss.s.  rd11fb-3 is what the part says on the schematic.. no clue on that one.

axr

anybody knows the mail for the customer support from boss??? or someone with the dd-2/3 could open and see if they can recognize the label, thaks for the help.

Arn C.

AXR,
   According to my cross references it is an 11 volt zener diode!

Hope this helps!
Arn C.

mattv

Quote from: axri was using a 11.5v regulated power supply in daysi chain with other pedals, i already take out the diode no label or nothing to identify, so what diode can i put as a replacement?? thanks guyz.

Why are you using an 11.5V supply with circuits that require 9V? That could be a problem.

p1_ind

I repaired on for a friend with the exact same problem.
I used a 11V zener diode and it worked fine.
I think using that higher voltage supply could have been the cause of the problem.

Adam

axr

thanks guys i was toying with, i replace the cap 49, i havent put a new diode where d6 belongs, So far the hold function is working but as normal. Instead of stepping on the pedal to activate the hold function you just need to put the mode on hold and it's working,

the other modes arent workin (the delay modes) it looks that the pedal is always on bypass even when i hit the footswitch, tomorrow i will get some diodes tomorrow, any help to continue debugging this is appreciate, thanks guyz.

p1_ind

On the switching not working check on the PCB in the area of D6 to see that you don't have a solder short or bad solder because some of the switching components are very close to D6 on the PCB.

Adam

axr

thanks guyz for the help my dd2 is running again

Ansil

michael_krell

I have 2 broken DD-2's both cleary with the same problem you speak of. The zener diode has over heated it looks like and the board is fried and stuff. When the pedal is plugged in, much heat is generated. i think from the IC. What did you guys do to repair. and where did you get the parts. and what did you do to the damaged traces and burnt board?