To all dutch DIY'ers! Happy Sinterklaas!

Started by smoguzbenjamin, December 05, 2003, 01:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

petemoore

Happy Sinterklass to you !!!
 ..What is Sinter ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

puretube

...neither class A, AB, B, nor C: Sinter=Santa, klaas=Claus...

Joep

Hallo,

Jullie ook, dat de zak dit jaar maar goed gevult mag zijn met effect apparaten!

Sinterklaas is the dutch version Santaclaus, only the story is a bit different. He arrives by steamboat from Spain where he lives. Sinterklaas has his birthday on the 6th of december and for that reason all the kids in the Netherlands receive present from him on the evening of 5 december.

Bye,

Joep

jswevers

... and in Belgium, which is a country next to the Netherlands, he
brings candy and toys for the kids on the 6th of December, so the
day after ....

Jan

smoguzbenjamin

Yup. I thought I'd drop line for all the dutch/belgian DIY'ers.

Veel plezier en gedraag je goed!

Ansil

did you know one of the orginal tales of santa clause. was one that would frighten most all children today..  like grimm brothers style..

Mike Burgundy

Jan: I didn't know that! Makes sense though - I already noticed he arrives sooner than in the Netherlands -> Belgium's closer to Spain! Guess he's passing through, and brings the presents on his way back ;)

Marcos - Munky

QuoteSinterklaas is the dutch version Santaclaus, only the story is a bit different. He arrives by steamboat from Spain where he lives. Sinterklaas has his birthday on the 6th of december and for that reason all the kids in the Netherlands receive present from him on the evening of 5 december.

I didn't know that. Aron's forum is culture too  :D . Happy Sinterklaas!!!

petemoore

But he had a Flask of Scotch...so he drank that...That's where all the Ho HO HO"S came from.
 It sort of became a tradition so now he does that every year...gets stuck and Chuffs down the Whikskey...everybody wonders what could be so funny at 3:30 am...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smoguzbenjamin

Ya but Sinterklaas doesn't drink whiskey and steal mince pies or sausage rolls. He's just a really nice guy who gives everyone stuff before his birthday. I seriously never understood that part. Oh and he's really old! Last time I asked (in 5th grade) Sinterklass would be 386 years old.

Now why does that age resemble the number of the ONLY IC not available from the local part store.... LM386. I'm gonna ask Sint for a buncha LM386's! :D
Apparantly the 'standard' Santaa Claus was designed in the 30's by a cocal-cola marketing advisor. :mrgreen: cool, 'eh?

Samuel

Believe or don't: RadioSmack carries LM386's

Arno van der Heijden

QuoteBelieve or don't: RadioSmack carries LM386's

Yeah, but it would be absurd to fly overseas just to buy some ic's  :mrgreen:

Adam Shame

My dad is Dutch-Indonesian, so I know all about Sinterklass and Zwarte Piet.  In fact, my wife and I are taking our son to the Dutch-American store to get his picture taken with him.  It is our annual tradition.

And all you boys and girls, remember to be good... or Zwarte Piet will chase you with a stick!
Q: What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord?

A: My Ass

smoguzbenjamin

I think Conrad (dutch mail order) sells 386's, but I can't be bothered to buy in 20 euros worth of electronics. It'll cost me another 8 euro's postage & handling on top of the 20 euros minimum order. :( For a bunch of 80 cent ICs that's not worth it...

I used to be real scared of Zwarte Piet :mrgreen: haha