EA Tremolo question

Started by Marcos - Munky, August 26, 2003, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

http://www.geocities.com/munkydiy/ImpEA.gif
I don't remember where I found this schematic, but I'm building mine using it. What is the diode used in this circuit?

SoundTech

The diode should just be a standard Si (1n400x series will work fine).  It's there to protect your circuit in case the power is accidently applied in reverse polarity.
Sound Tech
  (((O)))

Marcos - Munky

Thanks. Hey Gil, copy the link and paste in another window.

phillip

That's the schematic I posted a while back on the other forum.  Another thing to note is that the 560K resistor that's off the "depth" control can be lowered to 470K or 390K for a little more depth.  I also raised the values of the two resistors in the input buffer section from 1M each to 2M each, which produced an input Z of 1M for more clarity.

For the two JFETS I used 2N5457 and for the two BJTs I used BC109Cs.  Sounds great  :D  I also experimented with 2N5089s in place of the BC109C and they also worked fine.

Phillip

Marcos - Munky

I will try the LED mod that pulses with the LFO too, I think you remember that posts about this mod. I think you posted the schematic on this posts.

dubs

I'm gonna give that pulsing led a shot tonite.

Marcos - Munky

Please tell me how it works. I think the LED will pulses all the time, not only when the circuit is on. There is a way to turn the battery off and get true bypass with a DPDT?

idlefaction

i *think* it was me that originally suggested the 'just stick it in there' LED mod for the EA tremolo.  it uses a seperate LED from the one you use to see if you have the effect switched in or out.   the led does pulse all the time... but stops when you pull your input jack out and there's no power to the effect  :wink:

just lift one end of R8 (in the collector of the oscillator transistor) and stick an LED+resistor in there.  works great    :D
Darren
NZ