Has anyone used this product for labelling stompboxes?

Started by sfr, December 10, 2003, 09:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=2255  

Testor's "Custom Decal System"

Saw this in my local Walmart when searching for shielding solutions.  (I've look everywhere possible for some sort of copper tape, shielding paint, or magnetic paint (a la the recent hint on muzique.com) with no avail, even with all the odd sources people noted in that previous thread - I guess it's time to order online) It seems similar to some of the stuff I've seen at Small Bear and the Toner Transfer System that Mouser sells, but I can obtain it locally at a few places.  (in case you couldn't tell, I get tired of ordering things online!) Anyone tried it and had any luck?  It was cheaper at Walmart and my local hobby store, I should have just bought some.  They had replacement sheets pretty cheap too.
sent from my orbital space station.

Peter Snowberg

It looks interesting, but keep in mind that inkjet inks are not colorfast. Blacks usually hold up better than other colors, but the colors will fade without question.

Buyer beware.

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

sfr

Hey, thanks Peter.  I don't even think to look at little things like, "will this even work with my printer", let alone whether or not if the print method it's designed for is suitable for what I want.  Silly me.  

I have my own photocopier now (i make a lot of show flyers) - works great with the PnP - I probably should looking at a labelling product that works with that.  although I tend to stick with screenprinted/handpainted anyway.

thanks!
sent from my orbital space station.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Still waiting for some energetic experimentalist to tell me whether PnP works as screenprint resist! potential problem: screen ink dissolving the blue stuff.. anyone?

Jason Stout

How about PnP labels?....I think I'll Try it over the holliday.

Thanks Paul!
Jason
Jason Stout

Bill_F

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)Still waiting for some energetic experimentalist to tell me whether PnP works as screenprint resist! potential problem: screen ink dissolving the blue stuff.. anyone?

Hi Paul.
I remember a thread a few months back where somebody was trying this. If I remember correctly they couldn't get the stuff to stick on the box. I think it was a problem of heat.

Jason Stout

Aluminum oxide may be a problem...I'll let you know in a few weeks.

Jason
Jason Stout

Ed G.

Small Bear's label sheets work great. You print out the labels on the sheet, use your favorite graphic program, then you seal it with a coat of clear krylon or whatever.
Cut out the labels, put them in water, the paper backing slides off, and you then put the label on your box. Blot out the excess water, and spray the box with a couple coats of clear to seal it all off.

Chris R

I have some copper tape.. wanna trade ?  have any extra boards laying around ?

C