OT: Has anyone tried Mighty Mite P-90's?

Started by RDV, December 10, 2003, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

nightingale

i havn't~
but i just got my hands on some kent armstrong conversion p90's... the price was right too, i'll let you know how they sound when i finish wiring them...
best,
~ryanS
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Mark Hammer

I bought a pair earlier this spring, at $30@.  haven't found the time to install them on anything though, so I'll have to get back to you.

RDV

I'm looking to replace my P-100's. I don't like them. They sound like anemic mini-humbuckers(which I suppose is what they sort of are).

Regards

RDV

BD13UK

Dont know about the Mighty Mites but the Kent Armstrong ones are very good I fitted a set to a Telecaster and they sounded real good
Brian

RDV

I got my Mighty Mite P-90s off eBay for $27.00 US including shipping!!
I put them in my 98' Les Paul Special replacing the P-100s(which stink).
The MMs sound great! Just like a regular P-90! Lots of mid-range bite, but with a nice rich twangy character. Unbelievable value!!!

Regards

RDV

Chris R

A little OT.. but..

does anyone know if schaller still makes p-ups ?  I got a set for my homemade tele w/ humbuckers.. and would like to get another pair for my next build.

C

javacody

RDV, you wouldn't be willing to post a sample or two, would you?  :D

RDV

Quote from: javacodyRDV, you wouldn't be willing to post a sample or two, would you?  :D
I've no website to host from. If you're curious though, you can buy a set of them for less than it costs to go out to eat.  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Regards

RDV

nightingale

cool~
just an update on those kent armstrong coversion p90's... i dropped em into a limited edition canadian blue sun burst epiphone dot... man! they sound good to my ears... i'm thinking of buying another pair...
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

BD13UK

Glad you like the Armstrong's, was pretty sure you wouldn't be disappointed, I think there great value compared to a lot of the higher priced p/up's that are available
Brian

george

has anyone tried their strat ceramic pickups?

They're also cheap

Thanks

RDV

I potted my el-cheapo Mighty-Mite P-90 PUs and boy are they great now! My Les Paul Jr. Special is now the absolute shitsky. It'll go from rich twang to roaring musical distortion with just a bit of boost. "Bang for the buck" indeed!!

Jazzed

RDV