Check out these product specs!

Started by ExpAnonColin, December 10, 2003, 10:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2579460106&category=38070

It has "imput" and output impedance...  Not only that, but it has 1M, 1K, and 10K!  Don't forget that input equivalent noise!

-Colin

brett

And check out their other auctions - Cheap hand guns and military assault rifles!  No permit, no testing, no license required - just bid!  So insane you just know it's from the USA.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Brett Clark

Since firearms are not allowed on ebay, I was curious about your comments, fellow Brett. Their other auctions appear to be for such formidable weapons as matresses and cordless phones. Boring, but hardly threatening even by Oz standards...

David

Quote from: brettSo insane you just know it's from the USA.

Hey!  I protest!

You're painting us Americans with an AWFULLY wide brush, mate!  This is a stompbox forum, not a politics forum.

Peter Snowberg

It looks like a copy-paste out of an OCR program to me. Two columns were turned into one.

Product Specifications:

Controls - Rate, Depth, Wave, Pedal Switch
On/Off Indicator - Check Light
Jacks - Input, Output, and AC Adapter Jacks DC9V; Dry battery (6F22/9V), AC Adapter, 20 mA (DC 9V)
Input Impedance - 1M
Output Impedance -1k
Load Impedance - 10 k
Input Equivalent Noise -110 dBm or less (0 dBm = .775V)

That looks pretty decent to me. What's the fuss about?

Statistically, the US is without question one of the most insane countries on the planet but those stats don't refer to the general populace. We don't have a monopoly on the stupidity of our leaders. Leaders everywhere are often totally wacko.... or is it the people who are wacko for following them? Something about ultimate power corrupting ultimately.... Anyway, eBay's business practices should not be misrepresented.

Back to building pedals. :) Hopefully this thread will die here.

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

brett

This is off-topic.
Apologies to those I offended with the comments above.  I guess I meant to be more anti-gun than anti-USA, but it didn't come out that way.  To clarify the "pedals and guns on Ebay" thing, their guns were on their commecial site linked from the Ebay site, so it was really "buy guns over the web" rather than "buy guns on E-bay".  Again, apologies if I implied that many or all Americans are insane gun-toters.  By way of explanation - although it might be "normal" for Americans to see guns sold freely on the Web, this is shocking and disturbing for people from almost handgun-free societies like mine.  
I'll stay on-topic in the future.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter Snowberg
Product Specifications:

Controls - Rate, Depth, Wave, Pedal Switch
On/Off Indicator - Check Light
Jacks - Input, Output, and AC Adapter Jacks DC9V; Dry battery (6F22/9V), AC Adapter, 20 mA (DC 9V)
Input Impedance - 1M
Output Impedance -1k
Load Impedance - 10 k
Input Equivalent Noise -110 dBm or less (0 dBm = .775V)

That looks pretty decent to me. What's the fuss about?

Well now, if you fix it up like that, it's not funny at all... but the way it was listed, it was definitely a bit odd, eh?

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

Hey Colin,

After seeing your schematic for your Parallel Universe, I would of thunk that you would have been all over a pedal that featured "Input Equivalent Noise" as a selling point. ;)

1 day to go and still no bids.

Take care,
-Peter

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter Snowberg
After seeing your schematic for your Parallel Universe, I would of thunk that you would have been all over a pedal that featured "Input Equivalent Noise" as a selling point. ;)

Not sure if I should take that as an insult or a poke  :D

Give the PU+ a bit of credit, it can do more than make noise...

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

No insults intended; my apologies.

Please take it as a complement. I LOVE noise.... in fact I've got "My Bloody Valentine" in the CD player right now with Motorhead following that. I might even play some Danzig later.

I love the 386 too (built my first 386 guitar amp in the late 80s). I was intrigued when I saw your use of a tone control for feeding back into the bypass pin. 8) I may build one tonight just to check it out. I have an NMOS feedbacker that I may post one of these days, but it's just not ready for prime time.

Take care,
-Peter

ExpAnonColin

:) It's all good Peter.

Did you get the Motorhead album with múm?  Certainly very interesting.

-Colin

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

As a fellow Australian, I can sympathise with Brett. I remember going into a pawn shop in Sarasota Fl & looking in the glass case expecting to see cheap nasty FX boxes, like in Australia.. and seeing Saturday Night Specials!!
BTW there was a great local band there called the Danelectros (yeah with THAT guitar!!)

Peter Snowberg

I have a few tracks from the band Múm (cool stuff for likers of techno/rythmic/electronica), but I've never heard of a Motorhead tune by that name. Did they play together? That would be a must-have recording!

-Peter

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergI have a few tracks from the band Múm (cool stuff for likers of techno/rythmic/electronica), but I've never heard of a Motorhead tune by that name. Did they play together? That would be a must-have recording!

-Peter

Nooo nooo, they did a compilation, motorhead and múm together.  I love múm, by far my favorite band.

-Colin