Clean desk men ...

Started by Carlos, December 12, 2003, 10:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

Hi!

I always thought my workplace is the only one that looks crammed, but even Jack Orman seems to work like this ;)

Mike Burgundy

LOL
as usual, the only tidy bit is inside the boxes ;)
Very, very familliar.

petemoore

I could use a coal shovel to great avail cleaning the shop area...
 Thing is there are parts in the huge piles of "garbage"...I haven't developed a better parts 'strainer', I still have to pull them out or pick them up by hand.
 As long as I sit in the same position, I can find something...if I move and try to remember where [it' was, it may take longer or I'll have to turn the whole place upside down to find it.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ansil

lol now if only he had left the book open with the tofu schematic in the picture.   darn. ohwell...................

ErikMiller

Jack's bench and mine are Separated At Birth twins.

The salvaged door as a bench, the baggies, pots rolling around, eyeglasses on a stack of schematics, breadboard with wires a-dangle, 3 multimeters, no room for a single added item....

Add a PanaVise and a computer monitor, and it's Euthymia Labs.

nightingale

be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

ExpAnonColin

Mine a little while back (it has since gone through some serious cleaning):

-Colin

amz-fx

Quote from: CarlosI always thought my workplace is the only one that looks crammed, but even Jack Orman seems to work like this
There's an overflowing garbage can to the right of the chair that needs to be emptied.  On the floor on the other side of the chair is a box of parts that just came in from Mouser that have not been filed yet. The Panavise and Dremel press are on the right of the desk out of the picture. To the top there is a metal parts bin with dozens of drawers full of resistor and capacitors.

Is there one of us who doesn't work like this?  Let's see a pic!   :D   :D

More about my work-in-process: http://www.muzique.com/projects.htm

regards, Jack

Paul Marossy

I have the cleanest "work bench" of you all. Mine looks completely clean when I'm not working on something. I have to pick up everything and put it away in the place that they go each time I am finished. Mine is the floor of my home office...  :oops:

I'm thinking that a second computer desk could be kinda cool for a workbench. If I get one like the one I have now with a high shelf, I could have a place to put my scope, my signal generators, various test equipment, my soldering iron, etc. The sliding shelf where the keyboard goes could have stuff on it like a DMM and various tools that could be put out of the way when not needed saving space on the desktop. The only hard part is keeping little fingers off of everything.

I think I know what I might be getting for Christmas this year....  8)

nightingale

the problem with mine is:
that my ethernet connection/laptop is upstairs, bench in basement... so i'm up and down the mini stairs 50 times plus every sunday... i need to diy a 55 foot ethernet cable...lol!
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

smoguzbenjamin

Have you considered wireless networking? Might seem expensive but it's handy as hell!  8)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

nightingale

i will look into that for sure~
right in time for xmass...
thanks,
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Brett Clark

Well, this is what mine looks like right now:

Mike Burgundy

Actually Jack, I do occasionally have a different modus operandi.
On the floor (no kidding - a salvaged old enamel-coated shelf makes a nice workarea).
But only if my two (2) workbenches have overflowed to a degree that working is impossible without causing a mild village-swallowing avalanche.
;)
It wreaks havoc on one's back thouh, so it's not recommended. Also my cat doesn't seem to get the hang of hot soldering irons (whiskers...)
;)

smoguzbenjamin

Poor cat. I try 'n' tidy up every now and again. Mainly because my guardian's gotta clean and she gets pissed if there's too much rubbish lying around....

Damn I wish I had a digital camera.... :roll:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Paul Marossy

Well, things are looking up. I just rearranged half of my house (literally) getting set for our second child and I found a way to get a "workbench" area. It's not quite what I would like to have, but that will come eventually... it will be a lot better than what I have been doing.  8)