Stupid question re: software

Started by bergs, December 13, 2003, 03:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bergs

Hey, guys.  Dumb newbie question (and a drunk newbie at that!!!).  Is there software out there that designs PCB circuits for printing on a PC?  I see these beautiful layouts everywhere, and I'm wondering if there's a piece of freeware/shareware that handles these tasks, or if people just scan & edit.

bergs

Bill_F

Can you print from PCB123? I know with some of these free programs you can't. They are only meant to send the finished product to the company that fabricates the boards.

Thanks,
Bill

Ansil

Bill_F

Quote from: Ansilscreen capture programs
Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks Ansil

Gringo

I use the "ExpressPcb + alt-printscreen + ms paint" combo. Then i use XnView to set the dpi of the pic (something too complicated for ms paint, doh!!) to bring it to "real print size" without losing resolution.

Then i go to my old dot matrix printer to get crappy prints, then photocopy, then transfer with paint thinner, add a coat with permanent marker, and voila!! (Guttemberg would have loved me)

All the software is free, you only have to sweat on it a little bit.
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

smoguzbenjamin

Even easier: the PrtSc or PrintScreen button on your keyboard. Copies an image of the screen to the clipboard ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

ErikMiller

Am I the only one who likes EagleCAD?

The light version is free for eval/personal use, and can do boards large enough for just about any stompbox.

I print directly from Eagle to Press n Peel.

bergs

I'll try the Eagle CAD, too.  I've never made a board before, so I'm looking forward to trying.

Thanks for the input, everyone!!!

rustylee

You can print directly out of PCB123 without any problems.  No gridlines, no colored backgrounds.