This is Interesting

Started by Steve C, December 15, 2003, 08:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Samuel

Cool idea, but woe to the guitarist who believes the "gig-worthy stompbox" claim after populating that breadboard.

(throws box down on stage)

(listens to the heartbreaking sound of a dozen resistors hitting the bottom of the case)

Brett Clark

It would be cool perfomance-art to actually repopulate the breadboard onstage. With the 9v supply and output connected. Or maybe not.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: SamuelCool idea, but woe to the guitarist who believes the "gig-worthy stompbox" claim after populating that breadboard.

(throws box down on stage)

(listens to the heartbreaking sound of a dozen resistors hitting the bottom of the case)

If you are gentle, and they are enclosed, you can do just fine.

I actually brought a breadboarded thingy to a show my band did and it worked out OK.

-Colin

Ansil

if you find a circuit you like a little bit of window heat shrink wrap works great.

Mark Hammer

As a development system, it's kinda nice.  The only thing I find awkward about it is that you need to flip it over to breadboard stuff and the stompswitch (a decent Carling from the looks of it) gets in the way.  You'd need to drill a hole out in a board to lay it flat while stuffing it.  The other thing is that I can't really tell how high up the side walls come.  Even if only a little past the width of the pots, it still tends to make for a cramped workspace.  All in all, though, a nice idea for someone who wants to quickly try out an idea and use it under more real-world circumstances, such as placed between other effects in a chain on the way to one's amp.

Kilby

It would be a bit better if the board etc where clip in componants, so you could just lift out all the electronics easily, modify it and snap back into place (hmmm snap and electronics don't sound good together do they).

Rob...