I'm really bad at painting.

Started by ExpAnonColin, December 15, 2003, 08:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanasonic

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)One solution to fancy labels might be the local engraver!
(yeah you can get home engraving tools, but the pros have a pretty steady hand).

For a nice example of how this can look, check out this link:

http://www.kilback.net/homebrewtweaks/pedals/skildrive.jpg

I'm not sure if the guy posts here? You can check out the rest of his effects here:

http://www.kilback.net/homebrewtweaks/pedals/pedals.htm

Kerry M

Kilby

I have been wondering about this for the last couple of months.

For labeling why do people not use an etched piece of copper clad board that covers part or all of the pedal ?

You can stain the board practically any colour you want, leave the copper metallic, or electroplate it. If you use art masking fluids you can mask the stained PCB base and then paint/tint or whatever the copper.

It will also gives raised or indented lettering depending on your wishes, and it's pretty damned easy to work with.

Just as long as you lacquer it properly you should be fine.

It also allows you to replace the labeling of you decide that you don't like it after a few weeks.

Regards,

Rob...

C Bradley

What about the stamps that machine shops use for lettering and numbering parts?

Chris B
Chris B

Got Fuzz?

petemoore

Paint your design with thick oil [like art painters oil]
 Then spray the box...paint wont stick to oil... wipe the non stuck paint off after it dries...anybody try this?
 I used a half dried potato for a stamp ... cut in half a potato, dry the cut surface, cut away from the flat surface a relief of whatever design or lettering you want, apply paint to the surface and stamp away !!! start on something else to see what you're getting obsly...hafta work with loading the stamp and stamping very precisely but can be easy if the paint the right consistancy.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

M.D.

:shock: Cool box one of a kind:P I am a body man if you would like me to give you a few simple painting tips with a spray bomb give me a pm.

It's very easy and prodouces nice results,but honestly i think yer on to somthing there with that paint scheme.

By the way what is that pedal and what do the switches do

regards mike.