OT Jimi Hendrix Action Figure

Started by javacody, December 16, 2003, 09:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javacody

Marcos - Munky

Really beautiful. Hey, he came with some amps and effects  :D .

Bill_F

Finally we can really get a good look at the effects he used.  :lol:

Kilby

I don't know if I hit the wrong button or if the post was removed on the grounds of good taste but

Can I have the model of John Bonham, roadie, groupie, and the fish please ?

Yun

Oh, man, i MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!

That is pretty far out, god i want one so bad, now......
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

keko

WOW..look at the details....the guitar even has de strap pin hole (you know, the one supposed to be in a right handed strat)

Do you think we could get some pic insido those effects? I'd really like to know exaclty what Ge was used in that fuzz...hehehe

Keko.
.::keko::.
www.qpd.cl // desahógate ahora!
www.basa.cl // Digital « Design » Atelier

ahermida

Can you actually look inside the Fuzz Face and find out if the transistors were both Ge or Si?  :wink:

Alf

Yun

Yeah, kids now-a-days are soooo Lucky, man.  When i was a Kid, all we had were plastic olive green soldiers, and then a BIG step were GI-Joes!  i actually collect GI-Joes now, but that's okay, i'm a BIG kid anyways  :oops:
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

AL

That's from Todd McFarlane.  ALL of his toy lines are fantastic - Spawn, Movie Maniacs etc.  He was a comic book artist for years until he hired some otherworldy sculptures and started making toys - and buying sports memorabelia (he owns one of Mark McGuire's home run balls - can't remember which one).  He really revolutionized the action figure industry. Anyway, beatiful figures.

AL

Peter Snowberg

I have never wanted an action figure until now. :)

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

JT

Unfortunately it looks like they lost the Fender Headstock licensing and ended up with a horrid headstock.If you can get past that its pretty cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3164479954&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

JT

also there are two versions available .deluxe bosx set pictured with the canopy , two stacks, mic, and fx including univibe or a blister pack with one stack fuzz , wah and mic and a mini stage. They sell for $14.99 or $19.99  so beware of Ebay Markup

al3151

Quote from: JTUnfortunately it looks like they lost the Fender Headstock licensing and ended up with a horrid headstock.If you can get past that its pretty cool

Damn!It could have been perfect.F_CK FMIC!

-sorry it had to be said.I'll be good now.  :(

jimmy

consider yourselves lucky americans, its 60 bucks over here in australia.

cheers
Jim

P.S. PLEASE SANTA PLEASE
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Arno van der Heijden

Bill_F

Quote from: Arno van der HeijdenHey, his guitar isn't plugged in???!! :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3164479954&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
Must be from the Hendrix "Unplugged" tour.  :D

javacody

The headstock thing is disappointing at best.   :cry:   Who better embodies the large Fender headstock? Tell me, who?  I bet Fender is pissed that  Experience Hendrix killed the Hendrix strat series. A little tit for tat type deal.

marc

Now you too can create your own SUPER GROUP. Combine Jimi super rock action hero with any of your favourites from a long line of classics!
How about Gene Simmons, Jimi, Spiderman on drums and G.I. Joe frontman/propaganda agent? Just get a pile of Barbie and Ken dolls and you have an instant audience.
I don't know- for me this is just plain consumerism gone ugly- on the order of hearing Stooges songs in car ads. I like Hendrix in my speakers and don't think he'd thought too highly of this when he was alive...