The Stompbox Cookbook

Started by zee, December 18, 2003, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zee

I went onto Amazon.com after hearing good reviews about this book and found it was out of print. Does anyone know of a copy on the internet? I would really appreciate it.

Hal

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but check the archives...we've had so many discussions about this book....

moral: there's no good way to get it

Peter Snowberg

That's a tough one. The author has vanished. He's not listed in any phone books I could find, his last mailing address was a mailbox service (in Denver) which is now also gone, and everybody who has searched has come up empty handed.

My guess is that this book has hit the "almost extinct" mark, but without confirmation from the author I couldn't make that call. Until confirmation from the author is received I wouldn't suggest anybody post it to the web, but maybe somebody will see this and mail you some scans. It is a long book.

It was last published in May 1999 by "Guitar Project Books" and their URL stompboxology.com is now gone. :(

Does anybody here have a copy with more detailed info?

You could also try library searches using ISBN 0966382412

Best of luck,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

james t

Hi zee,

I don't know if this will help you all the way in Canada.  I was able to peruse the book after acquiring it through inter-library loan here in the United States.  I am fairly new to this, and learned that it is an amazing resource for someone who knows what they are doing - but I was not yet ready for the material.
 I have a friend with an electronics degree who understood at lot more of the material than I did, but I only had the book for a few weeks.  There are a lot of projects in there, but from a starter perspective I have gotten just as much out of the stuff by Craig Anderton and by checking out websites like this one.

Hope this helps you some.
james t

Mark Hammer

Zee,

If it IS available through interlibrary loan, the U of A library can probably get it for you, assuming you can score borrowing privileges or simply photocopy it on the premises without removing it from the building.  Alternatively, if the Edmonton Public Library carried Playboy all those years, I'm sure they could order something a little less contentious like the Boscorelli book.

BTW, had to love that outdoors NHL classic game  at Commonwealth and the track-camera that moved up and down the rink.

gez

Quote from: Mark HammerAlternatively, if the Edmonton Public Library carried Playboy all those years, I'm sure they could order something a little less contentious like the Boscorelli book.

Though they might have some problems filling in the forms (I believe that some of the male staff are a little short-sighted!)  :wink:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

casey

this should be a simple resolve....

www.archive.org

type in the old website, and it will bring it up according
to what date you want.
it remembers any website that was ever on the web.
sometimes it doesnt work perfectly, but for the most
part it's pretty good.
Casey Campbell

Paul Marossy

Is it possible to write the publishing company and request that they reprint it? If enough of us write the same kind of letter, maybe the publisher would reprint it. I don't know exactly how that process works, but if the author fell of the face of the earth... maybe they can't. I dunno.

puretube

I assume it was a one-man, author and self-publishing company...

nightingale

i live in denver~
is there anything i can do on my end to track this phantom author down?
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Peter Snowberg

Thanks for the wayback link Casey. :)

I tried all the resellers listed and it's gone. I was able to get the info for the company behind the address though:

http://www.merchantengine.com/
Merchant Engine, LLC
198 Union Blvd, 2nd Floor
Lakewood, CO 80228

They appear to be a turnkey ecommerce business.

www.stompboxology.com was hosted through the end of 2001 and then it vanished.

Ryan, If you would be willing to give Merchant Engine a call and see what they have to say, that would be extremely cool. 8) They may not want to give info out (for confidentiality reasons), but if they would at least forward a message to Nicolas Boscorelli, that would be super cool. Thank you!

There must be a way. :D

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

nightingale

no luck~
the number is disconeccted! and there is no "boscorelli" in the denver/surrounding area phone book...

all i can think of is asking this family that runs insane electrical supply... called fistells... www.fistells.com

they are pretty interesting people... one of the oldest/largest 3 story buildings downtown... but the retail shop is fairly small... if you ask for a part, it's not uncommon to send one of the family members reeling upstaris no to return for 10 min or so... returning with some interesting NOS relic of some company thats been out of business for 20 years +... i think a couple of them are musicians, i will ask around next time i'm there... maybe tomorrow!

rumor has it they did some special effects for the "dr. who" television show... no kidding! LOL! someone must be handy with the "rubber molding"...LOL!
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

nightingale

this is what is in that spot now:
http://www.ronmann.com/alt_resear.html

exact same address...
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com