Why isn't this working? Revisited...

Started by ExpAnonColin, December 19, 2003, 01:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

Well, it's just not working.  The little diagram on the side is vbias, right?  And I should be connecting where the circuit asks for V- to the "black" side of the 9v?

Something isn't going right..

-Colin

Ansil

on a dual opamp take pin 4 and put it to ground.
take the voltage bias.. and series it with a 1meg resistor and put it on pin 3.

that should help

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Ansilon a dual opamp take pin 4 and put it to ground.
take the voltage bias.. and series it with a 1meg resistor and put it on pin 3.

that should help

So, basically, NOTHING should be connected to the 9v's "black wire"?

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

Sorry, ansil, but it's still not working... thanks for the suggestions, though.

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

Your Vbias is correct as well as the power connections. Are you getting any oscillation on the outputs at all?, and what voltages do you see on pins 7 and 1?

If you look at this circuit on the scope, use AC coupling.

There must be an answer.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergYour Vbias is correct as well as the power connections. Are you getting any oscillation on the outputs at all?, and what voltages do you see on pins 7 and 1?

If you look at this circuit on the scope, use AC coupling.

There must be an answer.

Take care,
-Peter

Actually, funny as it may sound, I've been looking at everything little aspect of it on a scope-I'm getting no waveforms and no real voltage out of pins 7 and 1.  Using AC coupling, too...

Hmm hmm hmm..

I highly doubt the op amp is messed up, but I guess it's possible.

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

When you say no voltage, are you talking zero on the outputs? That would point to a bad opamp.

To test it out, wire the opamps up as unity gain followers by connecting the - inputs to their respective outputs and connect the + inputs to your Vbias. Check using your meter for 1/2 Vcc at the + inputs, and if you get that, you should see the same voltage at the outputs. I love breadboards. :)

Take care,
-Peter

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergWhen you say no voltage, are you talking zero on the outputs? That would point to a bad opamp.

To test it out, wire the opamps up as unity gain followers by connecting the - inputs to their respective outputs and connect the + inputs to your Vbias. Check using your meter for 1/2 Vcc at the + inputs, and if you get that, you should see the same voltage at the outputs. I love breadboards. :)

Take care,
-Peter

Well, with my scope, there's always some latent interference going around... when I say no voltage I mean just your standard fuzzyness going on when you have it set on 5mv.  I'll try doing that now quick...

-Colin

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistSo, basically, NOTHING should be connected to the 9v's "black wire"?

-Colin

Well, ground (earth) has to be, of course.
Also, the circuit is now running at 9v total supply, not the original 18. Whihc I wouldn't expect to see stop it, but You Never Know.

Peter Snowberg

Thanks Paul, I missed that comment. I was looking at the original message...

Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistAnd I should be connecting where the circuit asks for V- to the "black" side of the 9v?

-Peter

puretube

bear: multiply the values of all resistors by 10....

Thomas P.

At the moment I simulated this circuit and it worked. Nice triangle and square waves.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

puretube

err...
s.b. mentioned already, that pin 4 is to be connected to the minus (black wire of the batt.) 9V AND to the ground? (i.e.: it IS ground) ???

Ge_Whiz

Will the 4558 work with a supply of only +/- 4.5V? try plugging in an '072 or similar?

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)
Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistSo, basically, NOTHING should be connected to the 9v's "black wire"?

-Colin

Well, ground (earth) has to be, of course.
Also, the circuit is now running at 9v total supply, not the original 18. Whihc I wouldn't expect to see stop it, but You Never Know.

So I DO have th negative ground it.

Tomboy-that makes me pretty jealous!  I guess I'll just start from scratch again.

-Colin

Thomas P.

Well, that it works during an simulation doesn't have to say that it works in the real world :wink:
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light