After two years....

Started by Paul Marossy, December 20, 2003, 04:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

I finally have a "workbench". For two years I have been doing all of my projects mostly on the floor out of necessity, but with a new baby on the way I had to do some rearranging of the house, and in the process, I was able to get a work area.

Here's what it looks like:

http://home.att.net/~paulnkim/Workbench.JPG">

My function generator, recycled computer A/B box audio oscillator and the scope I currently have:

http://home.att.net/~paulnkim/Workbench-Scope.JPG">

And my little tool organizer that sits in the corner:

http://home.att.net/~paulnkim/Workbench-Corner.JPG">

Among the other things, I have a table top adjustable power supply and my guitar effects protoyping board. The stuff in the cabinet is various digital FX units, a 4-track recorder and other misc. stuff. The table is 48"x24", from Costco. SInce I am very organized, I don't think the work area will be too small at all.

Next on list is getting some kind of parts bin besides some old shoeboxes.

Well, at least my back will be happier now... I don't know if anyone else will be  :lol:

Bill_F

I can't let my wife see this. I've worked to hard trying to convince her that ALL men are unorganized slobs. It looks like you could actually find something on that workbench! What's up with that?:D

javacody

That tool organizer is too cool. Where do I get one of those?

bobbletrox

I wouldn't even know what to do with a scope if I had one  :shock:

Mike Nichting

What is that big clean area?? Oh, thats right~!! thats the actual bench~!! I haven't seen mine in a long time  :lol:

I don't know how you work with everything so clean and organized. :wink:

Looks good bro.

Mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Paul Marossy

Thanks all.

That little organizer is something that was given to me. I don't know where to find one... maybe someplace like Aaron Brothers Art Mart or Organized Living type stores might have something like it. It really makes things neat and organized in a small amount of space.

Marcos - Munky

Cool bench. I can't take photos of mine, but how it looks: my bed, that I use as a chair and put the parts that I will use, my leg, that I use to put the effect above when I'm soldering it, a old magazine, to put my solder iron above of it, my combo, to use as a table for the solder iron.

Paul Marossy

Gee Munky, careful with that soldering iron - don't catch your bed on fire or burn a hole in your leg now...  :wink:

Nasse

Okey okey okey it looks fine. Just like Bill, I am very happy my wife can not see your pics. I admit that it makes very much sense if things are well organized. But I can always fake it. And "empty desk, empty head" is always a good excuse, though we know it has nothing to do with truth.

But one of great things in electronics is that you can sometimes have your hobby things in quite a small space. My main "junk box" has been a grey plastic "toolbox" for more than 30 years. I have had to put some things to glass jars and cardboard boxes and so on... When I had to live with a suitcase years ago I had components in old Electro Harmonics pedal carboard box.
  • SUPPORTER

Ansil

gee munky you sound like me..    my foot to hold the soldering iron when i have too much stuff in my hands..  my foot to use the soldering iron when i have too much stuff in my hands

lol

bwanasonic

Now just imagine me soldering at 3am in my underwear... Welcome to my world :twisted: .

Kerry M

Paul Marossy

Hey bwanasonic,

What happened? A tornado come thru your work area?  :shock:
Just kiddin' around. 8)

Nice touch, looks like my little organizer pic is on your monitor there...
3AM in your underwear, huh? Now there's a mental picture!

My work area also doubles as a desk, it replaced the little (I mean little!) desk that I had before. So, if I want to do bills twice a month, I need somewhere to do it - hence the nice "big" clean area.

Just to the right of my work area sits my computer, in the bay window area. So if I want to mess around with programs and stuff on my computer, it's just right next door, so to speak. I guess next I'll have to run a cord over to the computer somehow for future stuff. I'm going to be getting a computer based spectrum analyzer program sometime in the near future...

smoguzbenjamin

:shock:  Wow... I'm totally speechless. My theory is because you created the mess, you know where to find everything, and nobody else does. So, keep your mother/guardian/wife outta your workroom because women seem infected with the "gotta-clean-it-up" syndrome... :D lol

Nice bench!
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

petemoore

If you go for FREAL messy...so as to look dangerous to dwell in any reasonable proximity...this can deter even the most set in stone 'gotta clean it up" aproaches...lol...
 lol..."I hope someone doesn't come in and steal  my stuff", here...let me organize and pack all the cords and make it ready to go!!!"
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smoguzbenjamin

That's exactly why my desk is a mess... Yet, an organized mess... :) If there's parts lying all over the place my gaurdian is too scared because I get grumpy if she tidies it up... "That should have gon in the resistor bin, and please do not put things that look burnt in the bin. They might just still work!" :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Bill_F

Quote from: bwanasonic[img]

Now just imagine me soldering at 3am in my underwear...
Kerry M

Uhhhh...no thanks.

Doug H

Wow, you're a lot more organized than I am. Bwanasonic's looks more familiar to me... :lol:

Doug

javacody

I aspire to be that organized. I've got parts bins and coin envelopes on my christmas list. Now I just need a soldering station and a tools organizer. Any suggestions?

BillyJ

Hey Paul I am sure you know but in case.
Have you read about the health risks to young people concerning lead?
Just something to think about if you have a baby on the way.
Maybe a change in type of solder will help. I only use the lead free kind now.
Looks like you have room for an extractor left too.  :wink:
Anyway just thought I would mention it....

And yeah if these pictures ever got to my wife I'd have to hear that forever...."Why can't your space look like Pauls...His space is so neat and clean...blah blah blah."
Paul must be evloving our species out of the cave man thing...

Hoot Grunt Howl! Back to my cave dwelling  :D

donald stringer

Hey bwanasonic that is looking more real life, you should have seen my desk just before I took pics of my doubled. Be careful soldering in your underwear.
troublerat