OT: My shipment from SmallBear

Started by Samuel, December 22, 2003, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel

Had it shipped to work. Came in a 6x4x4 box or so, and when my coworker handed it to me he joked: "Hey, your weed came in." All the funnier when he saw the plastic color-coated capacitors and multicolored LEDs inside, each one in a veritable "dime-bag".

BillyJ

Yeah I love Steves Greenies too!

So now that they know it isn't weed are they concerned your gonna make bombs?
If people leave the water cooler when you walk up......LOL!

Samuel

I used to get that question "Are you making a bomb?!?" all the time when I used to buy components from Fry's.

"Yes. Yes I am."

ExpAnonColin

Once I brought my breadboard to school, and also received the comment, "HOLY SHIT IT'S A BOMB!"

-Colin

Ansil

Quote from: SamuelI used to get that question "Are you making a bomb?!?" all the time when I used to buy components from Fry's.

"Yes. Yes I am."

you shouldn't joke about that after 9-11. i have seen people put in squad cars for doingthat now. in the area i live in..   of coruse i live a stones throw from blue ridge where they made the first nuclear device.

but around here they dont' take that lightly

sorry for the rant. but if you have ever had to go talk to the cops over something like this.  especially if you are in engineering and you have checked out a bunch of parts from your job it is quite nerve racking to sit in al ittle room for 3 hours while assholes watch you behing a fake glass mirror  and different people come in and play good cop bad cop worse cop etc.

this shit happened to me after oklahoma. so i thought it was funnny to reply like that untill my schematics for stuff fell out of my school bag at work and i had to go explain myself tot he head boss and to the PD.

soemthing to think about

MRTelec

I live five minutes from one the airport where one of the 9-11 planes took off from, my post office had anthrax pass through it, and I was in sight of where one of the sniper attacks happened when it happened!  People don't take terrorism jokes too lightly around here...I find most of them funny though.   :wink:

Samuel

Ansil: To be sure I never actually said that. My post was supposed to be more of the "what the heck did they expect me to say?" variety. And I certainly didn't mean to make light of anything.[/i]

Ansil

oh i find it funny too. dont' get me wrong but i have seen people do this too.  jst droppin my info..   :)

Xlrator

A couple years ago (after 9-11) I ran into Radio Shack for some small parts and the kid at the register made the "bomb maker" comment after I said I wanted the transaction to be anonymous. Thank God they don't ask for phone numbers and addresses anymore. I didn't say anything. I let it slide and just figured he was an idiot (he worked at a Radio Shack, right?). Well a couple months later, I go in there again and get the "bomb maker" comment again, this time in front of another customer waiting in line. With a smile on my face I asked him to get his manager for me. He got so scared and called him out front. I don't think he has a future in Radio Shack anymore.

It was for his own good.
Listen to cKy!

afranks

Ansil

yeah i got my name mmexieed up again. you kon wyo uay ptoato i sam damn////////////////  lol

Mark Hammer

Many, many years ago, before bombings became a weekly news item (and before most of you were born), I was moving 1500 miles by air to go to graduate school.  Most of my belongings were packed in boxes, but all the last-minute stuff was unceremoniously shoved into a backpack to bring on as carry-on luggage.  Among the items thrown in was my old-style mechanical (2 bells and a hammer that whacks them alternately) alarm clock.  When I plunked the backpack on the luggage counter, the agent could hear a loud "tick, tick, tick..." coming from the backpack.  We joked about it, and I felt a little sheepish, but it went onto the conveyor belt without any event.

My how times have changed.

Samuel

Yeah I was flying cross country and really wanted to show off my newly built PT80 to some friends back home, but thought better of it when I imagined what a plain aluminum box with three knobs and a huge pushbutton would look like to airport security.

javacody

Yeah because so many bombs have potentiometers and 1/4" jacks. You know... when you play smoke on the water, they explode! LOL

No offense, but the world is full of cattle.

Samuel

Well not everyone's familiar with the ins and outs (yuk yuk yuk) of audio electronics...doesn't make 'em dumb. I mean I wouldn't know EKG machine from a hole in the ground y'know?

Hal

once i left all my stuff lying on the floor of my room, and my mom asked me if I was making a bomb...I'm still not sure if she was kidding.

smoguzbenjamin

I'll tell ya my bedroom looks like my prototype bomb went off :mrgreen: lol. It is a mess! :P
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

BillyJ

Remember this one?
http://www.vmsrecords.com/dissolute/wmd%20pics.gif

From this thread
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=10154&highlight=weapon+mass+distortion

runmikeyrun has some great ideas. I like his style.

Could you imagine taking this through the airport?
I have a feeling you'd miss your flight...LOL

Samuel

That's a search and seizure warrant waiting to happen.

Gringo

That's one of the greatest enclosures i've ever seen!!! (My twisted sense of humour speaking :) )
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net