solderless LED clips review... and neutrik jack Q?

Started by nightingale, December 22, 2003, 05:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightingale

just curious~
i think i might give em a try(neutrik jacks)... the price is right i suppose, i just don't want to sacrifice quality to save a couple bucks...

also~
i tried some of the solderless LED clips from mouser:
part #593-CNX310220

they have a 2.2k ohm resistor inside of them... so far they are great!!! my least favorite part of pedal building is "shrinktubing" the led/resistor leads so they don't short if they touch the hammond... now i just slide one of these baby;s down the LED leads... and i'm done! the first one i superglued it to the 2 piece led clip, but the second one i tried i just slid it onto the leads... and it seems solid! i recomend them, if you dislike soldering LED leads...!anyone else use these?
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Ansil

damn weird i posted on one topic and it shows up in another.. i dont' understand that

Peter Snowberg

On the Neutrik plugs... They were the only phono plugs that the Grateful Dead used. With an act that toured as much as they did, I don't know how much better an endorsement could get. :)

np2rc right angle mono
np2c straight mono
np3rc right angle stereo

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

BillyJ

Ah but Peter he asked about Jacks  :wink:
Still though I don't think neutrik makes much in the way of junk.
I haven't tried their jacks yet cause I am still using a stack of SC's I have but when they are gone I am all about those jacks.
Oh yeah and the plugs rock harder than anything else hands down.
If they were cheaper I would use them on everything I own.
Oh yeah and they make a locking jack too...spendy and a huge footprint but way cool.

nightingale

good to know~
i've been thinking of getting locking jacks for the ends of my board...

BillyJ~
do you DIY your own instrument cables..? i just picked up some george l's... so the thought of cable DIY crossed my mind lately...
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: BillyJAh but Peter he asked about Jacks  :wink:
:oops: Whoops, you're right. My mistake. :)

I've never heard bad things about their reliability, but I've only used Switchcraft and RS (shudder) jacks so I don't know.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Greg Moss

I've used a bunch of the Neutrik jack that are open in the back (like the switchcraft #11's).  They hold up well, and whereas Radio Shack jack quickly lose their ability to make good contact to the 1/4" plug, the  neutrik's arealmost stiff to a falt.  I've had people think that the plug was fully inserted into a tip-ring-sleeve jack, and couldn't figure out why the pedal wouldn't turn on.  You really have to give that extra little push.  I'm guessing they'll better stand the test of time than the other jacks of that ilk...

BillyJ

nightingale...Yep it was one of the things that got me here  :)
I don't really have a favorite brand yet though.
I have a couple ones made of some mogami, canare, and some other fancy stuff.
I think it makes a big difference in sound.
Cables are WAY too expensive to buy but damn near dirt cheap to make..go figure  :D

downweverything

yeah i love the solderless led clips i buy mouser 593-CNXBX2108 for 3mm LEDs.  you then get the fresnel lens for them and it makes them easier to see and about the size of a 5mm. not to mention they look extremely profesional and much better than a plain led.  makes it kinda look like a pilot light that is imbedded in the case (it doesnt stick out very much).