Pratical Idea??

Started by idsnowdog, December 31, 2003, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idsnowdog

What I would like is a splitter buffer/crossover.  What the pedal would do is take a guitar input and then split treble frequencies from midrange and bass frequencies.  The high end would then go to a line level out and line level in for effects.  It would then be recombined with the un-affected mid and low frequencies.  Everybody has heard how a chorus, flange, phaser and delay smear low and midrange frequencies.  Why not just EFFECT the parts of the audio spectrum that sound good?  Imagine a clean low end with a distorted high end!  Or visa versa!  I want a flanged high end with a heavily distorted low end.

Snowdog

J. Luja

simple enough, you could easily modify craig anderton's "quadrafuzz" to do what you're asking -as it's drawn it splits the signal into four bands, distorts them and allows you to mix in varying amounts of each. just replace the distortion stages with effects loops and you're there, basically

mixing distortion with clean isn't really my thing, but leaving the bass unaffected in a chorus is cool, I used to use a boss bass chorus (ceb-3 I think) that did just that. you can add a simple high pass filter in front of the all pass stages of a phaser to accomplish a similar effect.

take a look at this page and if it looks like something you want to build, come back here and you can get some help with the modifications you'll need to perform
http://www.paia.com/quadrafz.htm

-Jeremy