Did you guys see these?!

Started by ExpAnonColin, December 28, 2003, 06:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbletrox

Naw, I bet they'll go back into production.  Manufacturers are probably biding their time until the price goes even higher so they can reap the profits.

drew

Yet another "OH SHIT LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY LET'S TALK ABOUT IT" post.

If you can't keep it in your pants, put it on your watch list. Jeez.

drew
www.toothpastefordinner.com

The Tone God

Quote from: drewYet another "OH SHIT LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY LET'S TALK ABOUT IT" post.

If you can't keep it in your pants, put it on your watch list. Jeez.

If you don't like the topic move on. Lighten up already. :) It is something effects related and kinda interesting atleast I found it somewhat interesting.

Andrew

drew

Did you know that ANDREW means "manly" in greek?

Ebay posts serve no purpose and just start fights and bleacher-stomping chants of "Kill the scammer" or "Someone's paying too much for that item". Or in this case, "Look what you missed." Now tell me how that helps anyone! :)

drew
www.toothpastefordinner.com

jrc4558

"Andros" is the noun for man in ancient greek.

The fact that you know this still doesn't move you any closer to being a polite person tough...

ExpAnonColin

Man, Drew, lighten up a bit, I thought it was interesting and wanted to discuss germanium transistors and how their price price is going up and whether anyone thinks it's worth it and who would bid on it...

Sorry, I'll stop sharing ebay auctions if it bugs you so.

-Colin

Fret Wire

Keep posting em' Colin, they're enlightening. Even if the bid's are over. To me, this particular one's a reminder to do an AC128 search again on ebay. You never know when you might get lucky, or learn something of value about the seller. Or maybe you learn a ballpark figure not to bid over. Not to mention learning something new about the item in the ensuing discussion.

I've posted a few "if anyone is interested" bids on items that weren't ended yet. Sometimes it's pedal stuff, sometimes for resistor and cap values that are for amps. My way of repaying Colin, and others on the forum who gave us a heads up on good ebay deals. Thanks to them, I've got a good supply of 1590b's and Carling 316 DPDT's real cheap! So, If I see something that may help someone or save them money, I'll post it.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

BillyJ

Colin dude that was a perfectly fine post imo.
What was a real waste was all the bitching that came after it.  :wink:
Please don't let one persons bad day dictate what is appropiate for you to post.

bwanasonic

I can empathize with drew's disdain for the "hey look what I saw on ebay" posts, which is why it might be a good idea to include *ebay* in your subject line, so those that want to can skip it.

Kerry M

jsleep

I don't mind posts to ebay links.  It's usually entertaining.

These particular posts are yet again proof that ebay is a seller's paridise!  

JD
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

smoguzbenjamin

Drew, if ya don't like the topic you don't have to read it! I like the ebay posts because it sometimes draws my attention to something I like and would otherwise have missed. :)

Keep 'em coming, colin!

But it might be a good idea to have a topic that is not
"Did you guys see these?!"
but
"Did you guys see these on ebay?!"

Good idea Kerry!
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

javacody

I enjoy the ebay posts. Because of colin's ebay links, I've taken the impetous to go out and get some real good deals on transistors, JFET's, MOSFET's, metal film resistors, and caps off of ebay. And I'm also getting $0.25 jacks from colin too. Ebay is a good thing. But for those of you who have a disdain for ebay, perhaps using ebay in the title of the post couldn't hurt.