french 70's cookbook schemos

Started by hair force one, December 30, 2003, 06:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hair force one

first batch post on my website : http://partouze.chez.tiscali.fr/stomp/electro-moronix.htm
from a little book i bought 6/7 years ago in a crappy bookshop.
My brother made some bad pcb circuits from it but it wasn't good at the time... I'll scavenge 'em and rebuild them my way.

Hope it'll be worse a sight!

bobbletrox

your site looks great!  ...and so do those enclosures.  That tutorial is really handy.

bobbletrox

you could sell those enclosures :0

I love the shallow angle and how the jacks and knob are lined up on the top.  That's some snazzy design!

Pedro Freitas

Cool site :D Hope you keep adding stuff to it.
Please vitist: http://www.memoriar.org/

Marcos - Munky

Cool. Just a question, the vibrato circuits are really vibrato or tremolo?

petemoore

I just love that kind of stuff!!!
 Very nostalgic...and kool.
 back in the day I think vibrato was anything that modulated...the best vibrato is either the whammy bat or Fender ???
 Isn't vibrato technically pitch modulation...?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

gez

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyCool. Just a question, the vibrato circuits are really vibrato or tremolo?

They're tremolo.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Marcos - Munky

Mark Hammer

From the looks of it, each half of the dual 50k pot in the 3-transistor distortion should be wired up opposite.  That is, in one direction the pot increases the level of the straight signal obtained at the input, and in the other, it increases the level of the distorted signal reaching the third transistor stage.  You could actually use a pair of single 50k pots for this and adjust each to taste individually.  This actually makes more sense, since there is no overall output level.

Thanks for the posts.

Jim Jones

I love your site - great job!  And hey, you can't get any more self-deprecating than Electro-Moronix - I love it!!!  :)

Jim

nightingale

hair~
whats the echo chamber schemmo like in the 70's book? my guess its that it's made of dated parts, but it might be cool tho... drop me a line if find the time to scan that schemmo... also, i think you might have inspired me to  DIY an enclosure...
good site,
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

BillyJ

Wow those look simple and cool. Thanks for sharing.
Your site is awesome BTW!!!

hair force one

I'll post the other part left very soon as well as some building notes.
i already rebuilt the Tri-Germanium "vibrato" and it appears to be a melt of three effects: tremolo (when amp's treble pot is up), repeat percussion (when amp's bass is up) and distortion all the time. Quite nice and garage sounding when echoed...