sampler kit... hmm...

Started by cedric, December 30, 2003, 06:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedric

http://www.brinck.dk/byggesaet/br742.asp

allow me to translate:
"electronic sampler.
the Br 742a is an electronic sampler built around a special IC, that records and saves the sound, analog, on an internal EEPROM.
the soundquality is much better than on our old 'brinckofon' - and also the sampled sound doesn't get erased when the power is off.
Br 742a has a recording time of 60 seconds.
for 4-16Ohm speakers."

unfortunately they don't have any on stock at the moment.
but this sounds pretty neat.
i know it probably won't work for a guitar pedal, but for anything you need sampled it could be fun.

- ced

smoguzbenjamin

Could work for a guitar pedal! Does it have a direct out? Could make a sample looper with that.... hmmm. :)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

smoguzbenjamin

Jeez I wish I spoke every language in the world... Would make life a lot easier....

cedric

what?
i didn't translate it well enough?? ;)

you wouldn't, know anyways would you?
it could say something weird about butts and cheese. :D

smoguzbenjamin

Oh the translation was fine, I was trying to navigate around the site a little more but I was hopelessly lost. :)

But then again it could be all about butts and cheese :D lol

Nasse

The IC on pic looks like same make that I have (mine is 15 sec version few years old). Don´t except Hi-Fi sound quality, I am afraid that it is more like "lousy cassette player". But anyhow interesting and useful stuff. You can make a wonderful phrase sampler or music training machine with these, or whatever. Sound q is "pleasant" and usable for many purposes, but there is some noise and distortion and dynamic range is limited.

Does anybody know is there any info bout the chips, how to record and play back several short sound bytes...
  • SUPPORTER

zachary vex

that's the same chip series as the lo-fi loop junky uses.  it's lo-fidelity for sure... certainly nothing above 3k makes it into that chip.

zachary vex

Quote from: NasseThe IC on pic looks like same make that I have (mine is 15 sec version few years old). Don´t except Hi-Fi sound quality, I am afraid that it is more like "lousy cassette player". But anyhow interesting and useful stuff. You can make a wonderful phrase sampler or music training machine with these, or whatever. Sound q is "pleasant" and usable for many purposes, but there is some noise and distortion and dynamic range is limited.

Does anybody know is there any info bout the chips, how to record and play back several short sound bytes...

contact ISD or one of their reps (digikey.com sells them) and get one of the books they have for their chips... in the app notes there are explanations for doing multiple recordings on one chip and playing them back using short digital addresses.

petemoore

you coule make a LFO respond to input amplitude?
 Like say make a recording of different amplitude stuff [with todays samplers this part would be easy] then feed that to the LFO thereby getting more like a non wave type modulation .... or more of a waveformS modulation as opposed to a waveform...
 Instead of just the 'hills and valley' of a sine LFO, more of a terraced or climb >level > trough >peak>dive type amplitude modulation graphic form [excuse my modulation wordform...].
 >>??<<
 By the way does that thing have an infinite repeat setting?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Nasse

ISD1416
ISD1420
ISD2560

Those are some components to google or some other search engine. You can make talking guitar pedal with those  :wink: I think there must be many schemos around...

For phrase sampler use good phenomenom is that the rewind time is just like nothing.

:lol: How much does ZVex Lo Fi Looper cost ?:lol: Must be cool pedal. Dont have much money anyhow, but there may be life after Christmas.
  • SUPPORTER

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: NasseISD1416
ISD1420
ISD2560

Those are some components to google or some other search engine. You can make talking guitar pedal with those  :wink: I think there must be many schemos around...

For phrase sampler use good phenomenom is that the rewind time is just like nothing.

:lol: How much does ZVex Lo Fi Looper cost ?:lol: Must be cool pedal. Dont have much money anyhow, but there may be life after Christmas.

That's the chip that this one and the Z vex one uses?
You beat me to asking :)

-Colin

Nasse

• SUPPORTER

BillyJ

Nasse you say a talking guitar pedal can be made with these.
Can you provide more details? Like a talking wah or soemthing else?
Thanks! This sounds like a cool chip. I realy need to get a sampler, looper badly!

Nasse

BillyJ wrote "Nasse you say a talking guitar pedal can be made with these.
Can you provide more details?"

That was just a joke. Just record some speech on chip, and play it back as you like. I did not mean talking wah :oops:

I have dreamed to make a Fuzz Face that plays a short James Bond theme when powered on, and says with voice of Big Arnold "I´ll be back" when powering down.

I recently needed a sample playback device but only had an old computer with soundcard. There was Microsoft Power Point program and I made a presentation where I could trigger few samples by clicking mouse. Not very accurate but did the job because my boss wanted.
  • SUPPORTER

Ansil

try the radioshack sampling module.  if you cahnge the caps.  it has a better freq. response