Listening to Jeff Beck Live 9/10/03 from BB King Blues Club

Started by aron, December 31, 2003, 05:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

and grill.

Someone gave me this CD. I'm trying to find it on the internet but I can't find it on Google.

Jeff is awesome.... Expressive on the guitar with a slightly nasty fuzz tone.

Weird that I can't find this CD on the internet.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

aron

What did U search for????

I was searching for:

"Jeff Beck Live" 9/10/03 etc...

It's fantastic. I'm on my 2nd play now.

UNREAL! OK, I gotta make a fuzz face for this nasty tone.

Aron

BD13UK

Aron I've seen Jeff Beck a quite a few times over the years and he used to use Tonebenders and Colorsound Overdrivers early on then in the 80's a Rat pedal but I believe that he's just going straight into a Marshall DSL these days then of course there's the thumb nail and fingers since he discarded the plectrum a few years back plus the trem technique, that in itself should keep you busy, you can get close to the sound using a Rat though so good luck growing a strong enough thumb nail !!!!!!!!!!
Brian

petemoore

I use the middle finger/nail like speed skitter on that thing...great for ending songs...ppl look and see that and are like how do you do that???
 Somehow I trained my 'F'  ufinger to respond like a 'twitcher' and can do the accellerator spring thing on the strings...
 For stronger nails use nailpolish or strong as nails nail polish...add 'plectrin' weight also.
 During the late 70's, in college ppl were like dwaaanng [seeing the polish] I'm like that's for guitar...try clear...unless you're looking for added attentions...lol...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

WGTP

I agree that a hugh amount of his tone comes from his right hand, but it still sounds like there is a fuzz in there somewhere.  I don't think you could get that much dirt from lo output strat pickups straight into a Marshal, and it doesn't sound like a cranked pre amp.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Joep

This links supplied by Paul Perry gives another link to http://www.jeffbeckbootlegs.com/ This site has also some soundsamples.

Bye,

Joep

Yun

For JB tones; i use my Fender '65 Mustang (Lace gold in bridge, vintage strat pup in neck)--->DIY 3-knob Tone bender---> Dan-o Fish 'n Chips 7 band EQ--->Marshall 100 watt Head---> Rare Kustom open back 4X12 cab.  

i also use a Dan-o French toast that i modded to the original specs of The Foxx Tone machine fuzz- it does JB tones quite well, actually....
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Arno van der Heijden

Quotei also use a Dan-o French toast that i modded to the original specs of The Foxx Tone machine fuzz

What mods did you perform? Transistors?

aron

This bootleg I have _has_ to be a fuzz unless Marshall lost it recently  :shock:

It sounds like Tone Bender or some other type of somewhat nasty fuzz.

My Rat is too smooth for this. Maybe my Foxx-Tone might do it.

Maybe I will fool around with this after that MOSFET challenge.  :twisted:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: aronWhat did U search for????

I was searching for:
"Jeff Beck Live" 9/10/03 etc...

Aron
"jeff beck" BB king blues club cd

effects are my business, but Google is my life :D
good to hear you are inspired, Aron! but remember it is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration..

M.D.

J Gagan

I heard that when he plays in LA , Satriani and Vai sit there just soaking it up.
Understandable.

He uses the wang bar to express microtonal elements and do unreal things with harmonics.

Another cool thing he does is play two notes a half step apart to get the ring mod thing happening right on the fretboard.

There was also a rumor that he he was using a Mold Spore ring mod to bring in the ring mod on a pedal. I hear stuff that sounds like he is doing that.
I love Jeff, he is one of the greats of all time.

M.D.

Yeah the ring thing is very smooth,it was also a very nice treat to see jeff in an interview with one of the big daddys of blues Mr.BB king him self in the guitar one october 03 issue and the summer tour....very nice treat indeed.All the way back to the yard birds to now he is one of the true virtuosos(forgive my spelling)

Mike. :twisted: