I can't stop building again..

Started by petemoore, January 06, 2004, 10:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I got the EA Tremeolo working great, caught a buzz off that and here I am again tryin to figure out how much octave and boost I should be getting from the Green Ringer [not getting any much of the octave, it's a little gatey and the output is low]...

Then there is the R. Groove Cab Sim [two Jfets, a trebel and a bass control]
 and the Parallel Universe [what does the Parallel efkt actually sound like Colin? are there soundclips around?]
 I still haven't gotten an Octave [Except the FTM] or RIng Mod that doesn't gate or act funny [scritches etc].
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ge_Whiz

Yeah, I know how you feel.

My advice: when you pick up a guitar and can't remember how to play Em7+4, it's time to have a rest.

Or, when you look in the mirror and see this:  :shock:

BTW, LP Hovercraft, I love your name.

smoguzbenjamin

Pete's got the building heebie-jeebies! :mrgreen: We're all addicts ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

David

Ge_Whiz:

I think I'd take the rest before trying to play the Em7+4.  Don't go jazz on us, now!

Ben:

May we never recover!  :lol:

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Ge_Whiz

[To explain the "jazz" joke: Em7+4 is what you get when you strum the six open strings  :D ]

David

I knew that...  really, I did! :oops:

Ge_Whiz

It's all right, David - just laugh when I get shredded by all the "dropped D" and "DADGAD" players. (The opinions of capo users don't count.)  :roll:

David

If I used one of those things, I sure wouldn't tell anybody!  Barring is no problem -- except maybe on my 12 every now and then.

aron

Em7(11)????

I thought you were talking about a sharp 4 (plus 4) chord!  :?

Marcos - Munky

QuoteI still haven't gotten an Octave [Except the FTM] or RIng Mod that doesn't gate or act funny [scritches etc].

Build the Tim Escobedo's Digital Octaver Fuzz!!! I think all that post in the Aron's forum are addicts, and never will recovery, and don't want to recovery.

WGTP

I need to stop building distortions long enough to make some music!   :twisted:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

ExpAnonColin

http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/puplus/soundclips

They sound terrible, I need to re record them, but it gives you an idea.

-Colin

bobbletrox

I still haven't finished my current and previous project...and I'm already thinking about the next stompbox I wanna make  :oops:

I was thinkin' about it, and stompbox building requires creativity, craftsmanship and technical know-how.  It's a rewarding mix!