LPB Squared: Can I get a second opinion?

Started by sstim8or, January 06, 2004, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sstim8or

I've got a little project in the works here. It's two LPB2 circuits in one box, with LEDs, one feeding into the other. I think I've drawn the wiring diagram correctly, but I'd love a second opinion. The diagram is here I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks guys!

smoguzbenjamin

Well, it'd be like a fuzz. First LPB for drive and the second for volume. Don't forget current limiting resistors before those LEDs! :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

sstim8or

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminWell, it'd be like a fuzz. First LPB for drive and the second for volume. Don't forget current limiting resistors before those LEDs! :D

Yup, that's what i'm hoping for. What's a good value resistor before the LEDs?

Marcos - Munky

Maybe a 5K. Take a look at GGG schematics that use a 3PDT.

mattv

The first odd thing I notice is that the Effect Out on Board 1 goes straight to ground through the 100k pot. I'd think you'd want it to go either to the output jack or the input of Board 2?

Then there's battery (-) going to the Output jack or Effect In of board 2. Can that be right?

Also, for good measure, I'd have the (-) battery terminal connected to both boards' grounds while in use (bypass or otherwise).

That's all I see at the moment. Can tell us a little more about what you want these two LPBs to do? Meaning having them in series, parallel or other..

mattv

Ah, it looks like the cats at HC got you covered.  :D

Ansil

The first odd thing I notice is that the Effect Out on Board 1 goes straight to ground through the 100k pot. I'd think you'd want it to go either to the output jack or the input of Board 2?

>>>this is the way the circuit is supposed to be wired

Then there's battery (-) going to the Output jack or Effect In of board 2. Can that be right?

>>>hmm i dont' see where you got that. maybe i am wrong

Also, for good measure, I'd have the (-) battery terminal connected to both boards' grounds while in use (bypass or otherwise).

>>>what...   it is  am i looking at the corrected shcematic????

Oliver

Hi,

some Time ago i build something similar... but i made a mistake and
soldered the transistor in wrong direction (changed emiter and collector).
It works, but the tone looses a little bit hights.

Try following:

build one from stock schematic, build another one, but make some things
different....
- turn around the Transistor, so that the Emiter is on top to the 10K Resistor..
- solder a 100K Pot (log) in Series with the 10K Resistor (to change the resisting value at this point as a GainControl)
- add some Diodes (play around with types and directions) i soldered 3 1N4004 in series from signal (after the Output Cap) to Ground
That produces a slightly Overdrive, when the signal gets high enough.
- use it as the second stage

It sounds not Fuzzy and works very good with your Guitarvolume

by
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

mattv

Quote from: Ansil

yeah, he fixed it up. You must've thought I was crazy!  :D

smoguzbenjamin

Don't solder the transistors backwards, use sockets. Then you can flip the transistors at will.

aron

First of all, what are you hoping to get when you feed one LPB into another?

Depending on what you hope to achieve, you might want to look at my simple mods page and read the "Secret of stacked stages".

smoguzbenjamin

I used the EA tremolo to boost into my PNP booster and that fuzzed so much it sounded like using a wooly sweater for a speaker cone :D

Ansil

Quote from: mattv
Quote from: Ansil

yeah, he fixed it up. You must've thought I was crazy!  :D

lol  sorry i was thinking that.. lol    oh well

Ansil

Quote from: aronFirst of all, what are you hoping to get when you feed one LPB into another?

Depending on what you hope to achieve, you might want to look at my simple mods page and read the "Secret of stacked stages".

probally an insane gain.  since that is what it is.